Used 2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

An excellent vehicle!
By Corey Dulan

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Ive had mine for ten years. I bought it in '06 with 27k miles. Loved it the moment I drove it, its a great all around vehicle. Ive NEVER broke down. Only thing that has gone out on its own was the A/C compressor at 148k miles, it has 202k as of 2/6/16. Gas mileage is ok but this truck is solid and well worth the investment. I wont drive anything but a Toyota after having this incredibly reliable truck. Cant say enough good things about it except I wish I had another one or three.

Can't beat a Tacoma
By photoman

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Tacoma. Just do the regular maintenance and they'll run forever. Durable, reliable and fun to drive.

Very comfortable ride.

Kill the clock! It's useless in its present location.

Happy Camper
By Real McCoy

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned, very sporty looking and scheduled oil changes is only maintenance that has been required. Very happy with this vehicle.

Looks like a 4 wheel drive and sets up high, without the 4 wheel drive gas mileage.

Clock can't be seen, behind steering wheel.

good but not great
By esteband67

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased 04 Tacoma new. Love the outside looks. Power is good but not great. Dash and controls good. The clock is not visible but who cares. Everyone complains about the 4 cup holders. I love it! Put change in one, water in another, and Coke in another. Still one left for passenger. Only have 40,000 and the water pump went out. Good thing I got the extended warranty. I thought I would get at least 20 mpg on freeway but only have gotten 19. I get 16 in city which is horrible. For that matter, I would have gotten a Tundra. Would of got more power out of it and more room. I doubt I would get another toy. Nice truck, but expensive. Would look for something cheaper next time.

outside looks

better gas mileage!!

No trouble
By KREIN

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this truck for about 4 years. I changed the oil, brakes, tires, wiper blades and that's it. I never had to bring it in for any service. You will not see me at the dealer. Maybe for my next truck. I would drive the truck around the world today without worries. I hate to say it but, I would never buy anything other than toyota. The last one I had was going strong with over 250,000 miles. it was ugly but ran like a clock. The gas goes a little faster than they claim. You should also give the gas a chance to get to motor before you start cranking. sometimes if you jump right in and start cranking it may be a little ruff to start.

on the fly 4 x 4, nice ride. reliable as hell.

i would like this truck with the old r22 motor. not available with 4 cyl. bring back the R22. best engine ever made.