2004 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
good but not great
By esteband67 on 03/18/09 13:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased 04 Tacoma new. Love the outside looks. Power is good but not great. Dash and controls good. The clock is not visible but who cares. Everyone complains about the 4 cup holders. I love it! Put change in one, water in another, and Coke in another. Still one left for passenger. Only have 40,000 and the water pump went out. Good thing I got the extended warranty. I thought I would get at least 20 mpg on freeway but only have gotten 19. I get 16 in city which is horrible. For that matter, I would have gotten a Tundra. Would of got more power out of it and more room. I doubt I would get another toy. Nice truck, but expensive. Would look for something cheaper next time.

Tacoma Crew
By gnshpdude on 05/16/07 13:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

2.7 L Is a little underpowered and only gets 1 MPG more then my friends V6 Tacoma. Seats get a little uncomfortable on long rides. Other then that a great reliable truck.

Sets a Standard for quality
By AJAX on 08/20/05 19:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this Prerunner double-cab in Feb. 2004. It has the V-6 engine. My mileage has steadly increased to 22 mpg. There should be more leg room in the back seat area. The quality is superior. After 31,000 miles everything works perfectly. This is my second Tacoma truck and I continue to be amazed at the reliability built into these trucks.

Toyota = QUALITY
By harmsfarms on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

After a ten year hiatus from owning a truck I decided on the Double-Cab Tacoma w/ the TRD package and 4 cylinder engine. I feel the transmission is a little notchy at times, but overall a fine machine. Toyota has refined this platform to near perfection and it will continue to extend this level of buyer satisfaction through the next several decades.

My truck
By jfreckle15 on 10/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is the first new vehicle I have ever owned and I will never buy anything but a Toyota again. I have gone on several long (8hrs) trips in my truck and it is extremely comfortable. It gets great gas milage and the cruise control is easy to use. The ample amount of cup holders comes in handy during these trips as well as the tilt steering.

I love my Tacoma!
By Truckldy on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in June of 2002, when they were still relatively new on the market. I love the sporty style and how it stands out in a crowd of other trucks. It now has 67,000 miles on it and I have never had a problem with it. If you are looking for a truck and still want to be able to take your kids with you... this is the one for you!

Excellent......almost
By pdhats on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

A better selection of interior colors. Not everyone wants light colors, especially those with children/pets. You should be able to shut off the headlights when you desire too. If you can now I have never figured it out. Better quality bedliner. P.S. Stop charging for even the ink you use to fill out the contracts. It is definately a put off for buying a vehicle. Stand out amongst the crowd.