2003 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: underperformer

2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Base Regular Cab Pickup (2.7L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed)

By afab on

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle is pretty well built, but I am about to take it back for the second power steering pump. I experienced the same clutch squeak that the other guy did, and rattles are starting to develop. The biggest annoyance is the road noise that eminates into the cab through the bare back wall of the cab. How much more could it have cost to "finish" the back wall of the cab? Toyota charges a premium price for what is supposed to be a premium product I expected that and was dissapointed. I would still buy another Toyota however.

This is a solid little truck and it feels solid. I appreciate the headlamp kill feature, although I don't understand why they didn't just make DRL standard. The radio sounds good, and the rack and pinion steering is excellent. I expected better fuel mileage, but this is a 4wd.

"FINISH THE BACK WALL OF THE CAB" The amount of road noise and heat that comes in (I live in South Texas) is extreme and it becomes very irritating. I spend five hours a day in this truck.