Fast commuting truck
By stoutbrewer on
2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I decided the Tacoma double cab was right for my family.I got a good price from the dealer, the color I wanted and all the options we needed without any of the hassle. In the city I get 16/gal but I'm sure I can wring more once it's been broke in. It drives like a truck (bouncy at times) but overall not bad (without a load in the back). It scoots off the line and pulls nicely up steep grades and stops undramatically. Driven in heavy rain it has no problems even with a stiff cross wind or on a steep grade. The A/C cools fast and doesn't bog the engine. The stereo is nice with a cassette and/or CD design and the back seats tilt for extra storage which is an additional nice feature.
Favorite Features
Good power, smooth cruiser (even in rain); the engine is easy to service; comfortable for both driver and passengers (front & back) and best of all, it has reliability over the long haul. Good amount of cubby holes and cup holders to store most things.
Suggested Improvements
The front seats take awhile to get used to because they are narrow and the add-on clock should be in a different place because it's blocked to the driver by the wheel making it useless. Toyota should give you an alarm system along with the keyless entry, it wouldn't cost much to upgrade.