2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
toy 4 trd
By mh on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Perfect do it all vehicle with a great on and off road manner. Comfortable for four passengers yet able to tow, haul and achieve very respectable gas mileage. This vehicle is very reliable, looks good on the town and on the trail.

I love it
By Peter I on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The fit and finish is top noch. It's a pleasure to drive. I enjoy my truck very much. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Tacoma 4x4 4 door
By uvlsalsmn on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck at a great price!

Great Truck!!
By Tom K on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Toyota. What a pleasure to drive! Absolutely smooth as silk. Solid ride but very comfortable and rattle free. I love everything about it!

Good Solid Truck
By polar bear on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this truck this summer and thus far I'm very happy with it. Solid, reliable and well engineered truck. For my purposes, the 2.4 litre engine is just fine. I've used it to haul lumber and other loads of junk to the dump. Gas mileage has been consistently at 23 mpg in city driving. Haven't taken any highway trips yet. Highly recommend this truck.

Resale value sells cars
By Troy2 on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We looked at the Subaru Baja and Nissan Frontier as well as the Ford Explorer Sport Trac. At initial impression of ride and interior, we both liked the Ford and Subaru better, but chose the Toyota because of its historically high resale value. Interior cloth that does not seem as durable or nice as our 1998 model. Both were SR5 models, I'm assuming it was some cost cutting by Toyota.

Keeper
By Pete in Alabama on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Previous vehicle was an 89 Toyota pickup. Hoping the new Tacoma will be as reliable. After 3 or 4 hours on the road, the firm seats get slightly uncomfortable and 19MPG is lower than I'm used to but it was expected. The ride (on and off road) is great even with the TRD package. Acceleration is OK. Recommend DrawTie hitch receiver and Line-X bed liner. Have towed light loads so far with no problems. Hope to enjoy it for 10+ years.

TRD Model
By rhuezo on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just drove off the lot and I am very happy with the initial performance. The truck feels great, rides high above traffic, and looks good! I brought the car home and my neighbors commented on how stylish it looked. The TRD suspension is pretty rigid, but I realize it is a truck. My previous car was a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which had a smoother ride. On the freeway it can get pretty bumpy..hold on to your morning coffee. The truck has good power accelerating onto the freeway.

great truck
By 2k3tacoma on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Truck is awesome. I had a sonoma before this, and believe me, the reliability on toyotas and performance is much better. Took truck on a 3k miles road trip and ran perfect the whole way. Bucket seats provide much comfort. Overall great truck

Fun at 40+
By airboss on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Plenty of power to pull my 17 foot boat in and out of the water. Big enough to haul and tow what I need and small enough to park anywhere and fit into my garage. It has the feel of a much larger truck and the quality and reputation of Toyota were big selling points for this purchase of my first Toyota.