2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
2nd Tacoma - like the 2003 even better
By acf2001 on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Had to settle on the stepside bed, 5M, extended cab, 4wd, but love this truck... husband totaled the last one a month ago and the insurance company reimbursed us very well - this truck holds its value as well as it is a safe truck. Husband flipped it 2x in the air due to ice and walked away unharmed. Last one, 2001, was nice, but new antilock brakes standard is a plus on the 2003. Solid feel and high profile make this fun to drive.

best truck
By tom on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is the best truck on the market. I have it jack up about 7 in with x terran tire it is assome

best truck
By Tom on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Feel in Control of the ROAD!
By MANDO60 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The truck is awesome! Im 20 years old and I still don't know if I got a great deal on it or not, all I know is that I love it for what it's used for. The price I ended paying for the truck was $21,500 but I had to tack on $1,500 from an insurance settlement that did not end so well. The truck handles awesome! The pick up is very impressive concidering that it is a 4 Cyl. and the room is GREAT! You get enought leg room in it to SLEEP THERE!!! I've done it! Just once, the seat was not too confy, but it did the job. People love it! When they get in it they want it! All my friends want to test drive it due to the couple specs that I have added to it.

Excellent
By hazard767 on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i researched this truck and many others and test drove nearley every major manufacture's truck i could find in san diego. when i finnally settled (no contest) on my 2003 tacoma xtra cab prerunner TRD (V6) this truck is by far the best, most comfortable driving truck out there. at first my impression was that this truck would have a stiff freeway ride and be bumpy as hell due to the off road suspension, but i was very wrong. a surprisingly smooth and quiet ride! and handles extreamley well off road, so if your looking to spend some money on a quality truck....this is what you need.

tacoma
By fred234 on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Needed 4wd and this was best available w/ options that I wanted. Use to tow 18' boat and general hauling. Good power.

Completely Over-rated
By mhan on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Within two weeks a puddle collected under the driver side carpets. This truck looks rugged but is built like a Coke can. It's basically a raised Corolla with 4 wheel drive. Chintsy interior - cheap plastic controls, door handles, center console and lousy sounding 6 spkr CD stereo. Being built in Fremont, CA is part of the downfall. They couldn't even include a lock on the gas lids. This truck is way too expensive with little real value.

wind noise
By first toyota on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

since I drove off the lot my truck had a major wind noise coming from the drivers a piller where the door and the windshield meet. the dealer still can't find a cause so I guess I'll have to fix it my self!

Their's a reason they are expensive!
By jc9995 on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Please, if you are buying on price alone, dont buy! I started down this road (no pun intended) of purchasing a new truck with the mindset of lowering my monthly payment. Well, I did that, and I didnt have to settle for a Ranger either. Toyota offers an amazing number of creative finance options, all designed to get you into the truck of your dreams, at a payment you can afford. Yes, they are expensive, but then again, the manufacturer should know what their product is worth. The fact that this is the ONLY four wheel drive truck recommended by Consumer Reports to purchased as used says enough to me.

BAD GMC
By Mr Toyota on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

just bought my 2003 tacoma, traded in a faulty 2000 cheverolet impala. (that was a bad car) so far the truck is simply great, my wife hugged it the other day. "She was happy about loosing the crappy impala too". seats a little too small, clock in wrong place. Seems very solid and well built so far.