2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Love My Truck!
By KennethM3 on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Wow! I can't believe I waited so long to buy this truck. It does everything I wanted a truck to do plus. It seats four as well as my wifes Jetta, it hauls mountain bikes everywhere we want to go and will soon be pressed into service hauling kayaks and moving us to another city.

Kick A$$
By Sparky451 on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Power great, Traded in an Explorer with a V8 and the Tacoma feels like it's got more get up and go. Got the SR5 w/chrome and TRD in white. Looks real sharp.

Great Truck- Great Price
By Irefire on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck. Everything is well engineered. Looked at the Nissan , I believe the Toyota is a better value and will hold up even better than the Nissan (which is saying something.) Easy to drive. Make a Stick available- please !! Tough on gas 16-18 at best around town.

GOOD TRUCK
By RICK K on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

8 MONTHS AND 4500 MILES LATER, THE TRUCK IS PERFORMING FLAWLESSLY, GETTING 19 CITY & 21 HIGHWAY MPG. GOOD POWER, ONLY DISAPPOINTMENT IS THE TRACTION IN SNOW OR GRAVEL, EVEN WITH THE LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL. TOWS MY BOAT EFFORTLESSLY.

Great Truck
By Toyota Guy on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I Just traded a tundra w/trd for this 03'toyota dbl cab w/trd and i am very very satisfied with truck. It fits me and my family better than the tundra did the only thing i am missing is the v8 power and i think tacoma needs more available options like homelink and over head console with temp and compass. But i still love it w/out the features..

Beats all Competition
By Boman on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

While I have just purchased a 2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab this past weekend (I traded in a '98 Honda Accord, also a great vehicle), I must say that I chose the right vehicle. 4 door sedans don't compare with the versatility of a double cab or 4 door pickup. I looked at comparable models from Nissan, Dodge, Ford, etc., but nothing compares in its class to Toyota, period. The truck handles nicely, accelerates like a 4 cylinder (requires some revs, but gas mileage is much better than V6), but at least has multivalves where other trucks operate on 2 valves/cylinder.

Solid and Funtional 4x4 D-Cab
By mozart22 on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had no major problems with this vehicle. It's a great truck to drive and hauls everything I need to carry, whether it be my ski gear to the slopes or my mountain bike to the trails it has been great. Enough room in the back for smaller adults with no complaints. I like the styling of the truck as well. It handles great on the roads(non-TRD) and also does well off-road.

Fast commuting truck
By stoutbrewer on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I decided the Tacoma double cab was right for my family.I got a good price from the dealer, the color I wanted and all the options we needed without any of the hassle. In the city I get 16/gal but I'm sure I can wring more once it's been broke in. It drives like a truck (bouncy at times) but overall not bad (without a load in the back). It scoots off the line and pulls nicely up steep grades and stops undramatically. Driven in heavy rain it has no problems even with a stiff cross wind or on a steep grade. The A/C cools fast and doesn't bog the engine. The stereo is nice with a cassette and/or CD design and the back seats tilt for extra storage which is an additional nice feature.

It's good to be back with Toyota
By Pierceu2 on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The last toyota I owned, a 1983 pick up had over a quarter of a million miles on it when I sold it , and was in about the same shape as the 2000 nissan I bought to replace it with after only 60,000 miles. I strayed away for a cheaper price in 1999 and wound up payed the price in the long run. It's good to be back in a solid riding vehicle again that I can drive and drive with no worries.

I'd take this offroad.
By holtonj007 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A solid truck with unbeatable reliability.