2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
QUALITY TRUCK
By MATERV on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

VERY RELIABLE VEHICLE ON AND OFF THE ROAD. MY TACOMA HAS ONLY THE TRD OPTION AND IT DRIVES OFF-ROAD LIKE A FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE, BUT IT IS NOT. I WOULD RECOMMEND THE PRERUNNER, FOR IT'S HEIGHT AND EXTERIOR LOOKS.

looking good
By jimml on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Engine and performance better than my old Ford 150 V-8. Better everything, and reliability is why I bought this truck, as well as the fact that it is the best looking compact out there. Good to know it can tow up to 5000 lbs. when I'll need it this summer. Couldn't find the clock for the first few days - placed in awkward place. Interior could use an upgrade.

The Best
By jonjon38 on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first truck that I have ever owned that has met the durability and dependability that no other has been able to give to me.

perfect truck
By shawnwat on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 Tacoma Xtra Cab TRD 3.4L V-6 5 speed is a wonderful truck. It performs great in 4 wheel drive, from the snow to the beach to mud trails. Its 190 hp has more than enough zip to it. I plan on having this truck for a long time.

wouldnt buy another truck..no wy no how!
By emptyn on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i have had three tacomas but bought the 4 door for and expanding family..always reliable no matter what i have worked at toyota for 7 years and wouldnt think about buying another vehicle if i were forced too

S-Runner Tacoma
By S-RunnerPete on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab S-Runner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

The S-Runner is a truck that is difficult to acquire. It took me almost a year to finally get mine. Speaking with other S-Runner owners on- line, they've had similar experiences. This truck is a real blast to drive, with it's 190 horsepower 24 valve V-6. Front and rear sway bars, Tekico gas shocks, and 5-spead transmission, make this truck a "real sleeper". Fuel mileage isn't bad for all the performance one gets in this S-Runner package. I personally have gotten 26 mpg on a trip. The reliability is typical Toyota, and that's a good thing. I am very happy with this truck.

A truck to last
By Skywookie on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just a great truck that there is no need to worry about it lasting in the long haul

Very Impressive after 6 months!!
By G Williams on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Waited 6 months before writing my review and happily report that I have not had ANY problems. Build quality is great. Resale value is excellent. I get many compliments from strangers...."nice truck". Being very particular about my vehicles, I compared the Toyota with it's competition. Found the Totota to be a more attractive total package. My wife and I both love the room the 4 door model offers. I chose the 2.7 liter engine over the 3.4 due primarily to the 4 cylinder's established history for bullet proof reliability. I gladly traded off the performance for better fuel economy ( 23+ mpg around town!) Plan on keeping my truck many, many years!

Toyota 4 door
By Toyman of San Diego on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have always owned a Toyota and I know I am paying extra for this privilage! Tiyota will last for 150k to 200k miles with just an oil change! They are worth every penny!

Pain in the butt!
By Joseph Raney on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Hi, ever since I got this vehicle I have been back and forth to the dealership at least 8 times, that's not including servicing. I just purchased the truck 5 months ago and it's been giving me probs ever since I first got it.