Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 179 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

enjoyed my 1995 tacoma more
By bslashbar

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third toyota, I doubt I will be buying another Tacoma because I don't believe the quality is the same as the 1995 model I had. Got nearly 300K on it and I can only hope this one will give me half as good of service. Fuel mileage and power are both lacking in my 03 (avg 18 mpg) and the comfort, noise level and interior design seems to be lacking quite a bit. Have had some trouble geeting std trans to shift into reverse several times and had to move forward in order to get into reverse. Cup holders are really of no use as they are in the way and will not hold cups very well.

Like the new body design stereo is pretty good also like the auto locking hubs

Move cup holders, carpet back wall, need better fuel mileage

Gotta love your toyota
By akgrowntoyotagal

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle and gets great mileage for a truck. Toyotas will last forever. 4-door cab is great. My cab has more rear seat leg room than my boyfriend's big Dodge diesel truck. Not happy with lack of interior storage space. I bought a snugtop supersport truck shell to take care of that problem. Shell looks great on the truck. Little spendy, but worth it. Worried about the automatic transmission - getting a strange clunk sound when I am comming to a stop or when I first start accelerating. The fan power of the air system could have more power.

On the fly push button 4-wheel drive. 4 doors on a toyota tacoma. Radio, cd and tape player - I like to be able to listen to any format of tunes. Good gas mileage - about 20mpg. Like all the power ports available. Like the extendable part on the sun visor. As a stock truck it is great off road

Needs more interior storage space. Could do something under the rear seats, what's under there anyway? Why not have a telescoping steering wheel? Paint bubbling and chipping at bottoms of rear doors. Option for Bose sound system - they sound awesome! Change parking brake handle - kinda flimsy.

My Toyota Truck
By Romain Giger

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I do like my Toyota Truck. It is a Pre- Runner Double Cab 4X2/V6. It has a lot of torque in the lower RPMs. The color, Lunar Mist and trim package SR5 looks very good and I'm proud to own it. The interior is really nice, carpeted, good seats, an excellent sound system with six speakers. My wife really likes the air conditioner because it works so well. I think the fuel consumption is a little high. But then it is a truck. To ease the pain I try to hold the speed limit and seldom drive over 60 mph. Since I'm a short person, 5"3", the truck is a little high for me to get comfortable in and out.

Despite some of the negatives I think it is a good vehicle and will give us good service for many years to come

Feet are just a couple of inches shy of the ground. That means I have to slide off the seat. The running board and the inside handles are not much help. Also the purchase price was a little high.

Best ever owned
By D Powell

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Best well-made vehicle ever owned. Everything just seems to have been efficiently and ergonomically designed with the driver's needs and comforts in mind. Construction appears to be made with sound materials and involves quality engineering. Detroit needs to look closely here at a winner.

I like it
By Mark

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 4th Toyota truck I've owned. It has been highly reliable; no surprise repairs. I would not consider another truck. My only complaint is unstable feeling at high speeds; this goes away with weight in the bed and I have taken to hauling a few bags of sand around.

I like the TRD/SR5 package. Looks like a 4WD.

Move the clock.