2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
TRD Model
By rhuezo on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just drove off the lot and I am very happy with the initial performance. The truck feels great, rides high above traffic, and looks good! I brought the car home and my neighbors commented on how stylish it looked. The TRD suspension is pretty rigid, but I realize it is a truck. My previous car was a Jeep Grand Cherokee, which had a smoother ride. On the freeway it can get pretty bumpy..hold on to your morning coffee. The truck has good power accelerating onto the freeway.

Fun at 40+
By airboss on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Plenty of power to pull my 17 foot boat in and out of the water. Big enough to haul and tow what I need and small enough to park anywhere and fit into my garage. It has the feel of a much larger truck and the quality and reputation of Toyota were big selling points for this purchase of my first Toyota.

First Toyota
By kcjam on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned a Dodge with such poor reliability, that I switched to Toyota. This truck is great for hauling my family of 4. Great offroad, fun to maneuver in traffic, and pulls ATV/snowmobile without trouble. Bed extender is a must! Truck handling is skittish at higher speeds, and too much wind noise. Otherwise, I love it.

V6JUICE
By rpres44 on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is excellent. The handling is excellent. The mpg could be a little better (17.05 over 7000 miles) but the larger tires give it a 6% error in miles driven (it shows less than it has actually gone). The clock cannot be seen by the driver w/o leaning over. The center console plastic scratches easier than other cars. Removing the oil filter is difficult unless done through the dr side front wheelwell. Draining the radiator requires taking off a large, heavy piece of brush guard underneath. But an excellent choice for a p/u. Should have side visors in front.

2003 Toyota Tacoma V6 4 Dr SR5
By rjtoc2 on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I really like my Toyota. I has a firm ride (which I like) and the V6 has plenty of power when you need it. I am a car care fanantic and so far, everything appears easy to maintain. Washing and drying is easy and is fun. Sitting in the vehicle affords a great view and surprising there are very few "blind spots" when driving.

Boy toy that doubles as family vehicle
By goatboy on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very well built truck. The pros in my opinion: super reliable, great built quality, very fun to drive, the look of 4x4 without the downsides (bad mileage, maintenance, insurance). A great poser 4x4 look/feel for yuppies who'll never leave concrete. I get up every day and enjoy driving this truck, it's just fun to drive. Note: It also has a lot of room in the backseat compared to other extended cab full-size trucks. The cons: short wheel base makes for bouncy ride, it's a smaller interior, and pretty spartan inside. Overall I'm happy with this truck and it also works for throwing the kiddos in the back- seat.

Good looking, Stiff ride, Over Priced
By Motaco on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Good strong V6. Good exterior design, possibly exellent reliability. Overpriced. Seats are cheap and uncomfotable. Designed by midgets. Very uncomfortable for a midsized man. steering wheel, Shift lever, gas and break pedals are not well placed. The ride is too stiff and the seats are not cushioned well, bumpy on freeway. The steering is is too hard + poor positioning making it laboring to turn. Uncomfortable long distance ride. Occational rattling noise in the dash board area (nothing new here). Stupid clock position. High wind noise. Worthless cruise control: bad, bad location and jack up the speed when accelerate.

Wife wants one too, can't have mine
By troutfinder on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Had this truck a short time but so far I love it. Can't wait to use it to tow old boat instead of 1980 F-150. Handles great. Rides great. Looks fantastic. Well laid out and easy to use controls, such as 4WD High. And beleive it or not I can see the clock easily and like its placement because you are not always staring at it. Love the look of this truck in TRD SR5 trim, looks like its been to a custom shop. Dealer was very pleasant to work with (Arlington Toyota Illinois).

Typical Toyota
By R. P. Petersen on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 9th Toyota purchase and the quality and appearance is second to none. I briefly owned a Honda Pilot and with less than a year ownership I was more than glad to rid myself of it. Regardless what others say about the Honda product Toyota is still head and shoulders above them. Attention to detail, reliability and resale value will keep me a Toyota customer for quite some time. Good job Toyota!

Killer Truck
By Gregor McGregor on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just purchased my new truck, so far I love it. Took it on a lengthy road trip with 2 other adults, quite comfy for such an off road beast. Gas Mileage averages around 18.5. Can't wait to get it off road.