2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
My first toyota but not my last
By skyking on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had a subaru that was giving to me by my brother 2 years ago that from day one always hesitated when taking off from a stop.it scared me because in a heaverly traffic town it can be dangerous when you pull out with plenty of time yet the car wants to stall on you. plus the air-condition was out so i said i am going to get a toyota tacoma truck .and it has been a blessing so far and i get alot of compliments also.i bought the air and stereo package power steering and abs brakes and that is just the way i wanted .so far it is a real hoot. forgetabout it just enjoy your new TOY>

2 Wheel drive Tacoma
By Magyarorsag on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the 5th Toyota Pickup I've owned. Excellent vehicle for just about everything. Gas mileage is reasonable, reliability is outstanding...typical Toyota workmanship. I'm considering purchasing my 6th Toyota pickup, with luck a Toyota Tacoma S-Runner. You can't go wrong with these Toyota trucks.

Dont Pass this one up!
By Super-Steve on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I gave up a Chevrolet to drive this. I only regret not doing it sooner. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Its a 4 cylinder that has similar performance to a V-6 Mustang. Don't believe me, go race one! The ride is very solid and it has no squeaks or rattles. I paid a higher price for it, that other trucks of the same size, but option for option it really cost about the same. Toyota only builds what it needs, so therefore you will not find a "stripped down" Toyota on the lot unless they were special ordered for fleet purposes. The bottom line.... pure quality!

Lots of fun If you don't mind a toy
By upgraded on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

fun to drive for about 1 hour.... looks great truck... always gets the looks....good speed for the power plant...

Good truck, a few problems
By jimwhoboughtatruck on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck has 2500 miles on it now, and I have noticed a few problems. The steering wheel is in the way of the clock, and I have to lean over to see it. About half the time, the truck takes two tries to start. I have no idea why a brand new vehicle would not start on the first try. Since I bought the truck, a few rattles have developed in the interior. One is the cover for the passenger side airbag on the dashboard rattling. I haven't tracked down the other rattle yet. The clutch petal just started squeaking every time I press it down.