2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck
By yurets on 03/09/06 15:18 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Love my truck. Looks good and drives great. Hauls trailers and whatever else needed.

Originally a Chevy guy
By aspry on 12/13/05 21:53 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Never thought I'd buy anything "foreign" but I'm glad I did. This is one great truck and can actually be used like one.

enjoyed my 1995 tacoma more
By bslashbar on 12/13/05 14:52 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third toyota, I doubt I will be buying another Tacoma because I don't believe the quality is the same as the 1995 model I had. Got nearly 300K on it and I can only hope this one will give me half as good of service. Fuel mileage and power are both lacking in my 03 (avg 18 mpg) and the comfort, noise level and interior design seems to be lacking quite a bit. Have had some trouble geeting std trans to shift into reverse several times and had to move forward in order to get into reverse. Cup holders are really of no use as they are in the way and will not hold cups very well.

Gotta love your toyota
By akgrowntoyotagal on 09/23/05 00:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle and gets great mileage for a truck. Toyotas will last forever. 4-door cab is great. My cab has more rear seat leg room than my boyfriend's big Dodge diesel truck. Not happy with lack of interior storage space. I bought a snugtop supersport truck shell to take care of that problem. Shell looks great on the truck. Little spendy, but worth it. Worried about the automatic transmission - getting a strange clunk sound when I am comming to a stop or when I first start accelerating. The fan power of the air system could have more power.

My Toyota Truck
By Romain Giger on 09/05/05 23:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I do like my Toyota Truck. It is a Pre- Runner Double Cab 4X2/V6. It has a lot of torque in the lower RPMs. The color, Lunar Mist and trim package SR5 looks very good and I'm proud to own it. The interior is really nice, carpeted, good seats, an excellent sound system with six speakers. My wife really likes the air conditioner because it works so well. I think the fuel consumption is a little high. But then it is a truck. To ease the pain I try to hold the speed limit and seldom drive over 60 mph. Since I'm a short person, 5"3", the truck is a little high for me to get comfortable in and out.

Best ever owned
By D Powell on 06/29/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Best well-made vehicle ever owned. Everything just seems to have been efficiently and ergonomically designed with the driver's needs and comforts in mind. Construction appears to be made with sound materials and involves quality engineering. Detroit needs to look closely here at a winner.

I like it
By Mark on 05/16/05 20:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 4th Toyota truck I've owned. It has been highly reliable; no surprise repairs. I would not consider another truck. My only complaint is unstable feeling at high speeds; this goes away with weight in the bed and I have taken to hauling a few bags of sand around.

Selling after 2-years
By JIMnPHX on 04/22/05 00:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

First Toyota I've ever owned. Was sick of my Ford Explorer and my Jeep with all the maintenance issues. Consumer Reports shows great reliability numbers so I purchased it. Over the two years I've not had one problem with the truck. I average 17 mpg. We've taken a couple long trips and the two kids (11 & 9) were very comfortable in the rear seats. However I did not enjoy the drivers seat on long trips. My right foot got cramped due to the angle I had to keep by foot at. I am 6-ft 1-in and just never felt at home in the seats. My wife is 5-8 and has no problems. We towed a pop-up camper at 70 mph and got 15.25 over 1200 mile trip thru the mountains of Az and Utah. 20 mpg on other trips.

Taco Review
By Harry Nonnemacher on 04/13/05 04:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Outstanding vehicle, overall good quality, very user friendly. 21 MPG average with a v6 5 speed. Excellent safety features as well. Plenty of power, very responsive acceleration. Overall good price. A good looking "beefy" truck!

The little engine that could
By ren on 03/03/05 21:47 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I have to say that this little truck is great for its size. Off road and this little guy can do it ok. I wish it had about 10-15 more ponies, but you cant have everything right. For the money this truck is great. It's reliable and its gets me from A to B. I wish I had an extended cab for more room but I manage in this one. Regular maintenance is good and easy. There is a weird creak or rattle in the dash at times. Wish it had a higher resale. Overall, not a bad little workhorse.