2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
I LOVE my Taco
By tacofans on 10/21/06 04:29 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I loaded it up 1100 lbs. of bricks, stones, and playsand, and it hummed along with no complaints. I love the V6. In town gas mileage is great, between 19-20 mpg. Highway within the 20-22 mpg range. Best tank was 21.85 mpg with 80% hwy, 20% in-town. Just keep the speed below 69 mph for better gas mileage (but I did go 75-80 mph from time to time). Ride is not bad at all for a truck although I would change the factory tires when they wear out for better traction.

It's a good truck
By the tacoma on 03/16/06 12:00 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

it's a good solid reliable truck all the way around.

Gotta love your toyota
By akgrowntoyotagal on 09/23/05 00:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle and gets great mileage for a truck. Toyotas will last forever. 4-door cab is great. My cab has more rear seat leg room than my boyfriend's big Dodge diesel truck. Not happy with lack of interior storage space. I bought a snugtop supersport truck shell to take care of that problem. Shell looks great on the truck. Little spendy, but worth it. Worried about the automatic transmission - getting a strange clunk sound when I am comming to a stop or when I first start accelerating. The fan power of the air system could have more power.

My Toyota Truck
By Romain Giger on 09/05/05 23:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I do like my Toyota Truck. It is a Pre- Runner Double Cab 4X2/V6. It has a lot of torque in the lower RPMs. The color, Lunar Mist and trim package SR5 looks very good and I'm proud to own it. The interior is really nice, carpeted, good seats, an excellent sound system with six speakers. My wife really likes the air conditioner because it works so well. I think the fuel consumption is a little high. But then it is a truck. To ease the pain I try to hold the speed limit and seldom drive over 60 mph. Since I'm a short person, 5"3", the truck is a little high for me to get comfortable in and out.

Best ever owned
By D Powell on 06/29/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Best well-made vehicle ever owned. Everything just seems to have been efficiently and ergonomically designed with the driver's needs and comforts in mind. Construction appears to be made with sound materials and involves quality engineering. Detroit needs to look closely here at a winner.

I like it
By Mark on 05/16/05 20:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 4th Toyota truck I've owned. It has been highly reliable; no surprise repairs. I would not consider another truck. My only complaint is unstable feeling at high speeds; this goes away with weight in the bed and I have taken to hauling a few bags of sand around.

Selling after 2-years
By JIMnPHX on 04/22/05 00:39 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

First Toyota I've ever owned. Was sick of my Ford Explorer and my Jeep with all the maintenance issues. Consumer Reports shows great reliability numbers so I purchased it. Over the two years I've not had one problem with the truck. I average 17 mpg. We've taken a couple long trips and the two kids (11 & 9) were very comfortable in the rear seats. However I did not enjoy the drivers seat on long trips. My right foot got cramped due to the angle I had to keep by foot at. I am 6-ft 1-in and just never felt at home in the seats. My wife is 5-8 and has no problems. We towed a pop-up camper at 70 mph and got 15.25 over 1200 mile trip thru the mountains of Az and Utah. 20 mpg on other trips.

Love the Taco
By DDragon on 11/30/04 10:08 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

TRD and Limited pkgs: Get rid of the factory tires (BF Good All Terrain), horrible in rain (pavement). Not sure Limited pkg was worth the money, but overall the Tacoma has been very reliable. Works great off-road in the mud, sand etc. even w/o 4x4. Great for anyone wanting a truck that works like a full size, but with the smaller frame and enthusiasm to play hard.

My Little Mule
By John W. Angel, Jr. on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

TRD Package could do without, downshifts hard when cruise is on and going up a grade, however i've had this truck less than a year and have over 33000 miles on it and its ran trouble free. It is a good riding truck. Get rid of the BF Goodrich tires. I have slid out of control with these tires. Put the Walmart Conten. tires on it and so far I havent had this problem continue.

My Taco
By Greg Sperry on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really love this truck. It has all the features that I wanted in a vehicle and I know about Toyota's Quality from owing a Camry. If you want something that will last and bring home the bacon so to speak, get yourself a Toyota. I have a friend who had a Tacoma and was involved in a wreck the truck was rearended and rolled she came out of the crash with just some minor injuries if she would have been driving anything other than a Toyota she would not have made it.