2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
2003 Tacoma PreRunner V6
By Adgirl on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

A truck even a girl likes to drive. Replaced a 2000 4Runner for the Double Cab Limited edition with TRD package. Added a hard tanneau cover (Snug Top) that I love. It's a must for saving gas and locking up gear. Heard Toyota is looking to offer it as an option. Everyone is right about the clock, you can't see it in the driver's seat. Dials and gadgets could be updated. The double cab is awesome and provides lots of room. Way better than an SUV.

Ride is nice
By Lee on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Everything I read said the tacoma's ride was unpleasant. I'm a 6'5'' 210lb guy and im not uncomfortable. I will say though the first week I owned it the seats where tough but thats expected its a new truck! This truck has power and you can feel it while in lower gears. Pickup is nice too. No real blind spots that i see.

Excellent
By hazard767 on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i researched this truck and many others and test drove nearley every major manufacture's truck i could find in san diego. when i finnally settled (no contest) on my 2003 tacoma xtra cab prerunner TRD (V6) this truck is by far the best, most comfortable driving truck out there. at first my impression was that this truck would have a stiff freeway ride and be bumpy as hell due to the off road suspension, but i was very wrong. a surprisingly smooth and quiet ride! and handles extreamley well off road, so if your looking to spend some money on a quality truck....this is what you need.

Lots of fun If you don't mind a toy
By upgraded on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

fun to drive for about 1 hour.... looks great truck... always gets the looks....good speed for the power plant...

tacoma
By fred234 on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Needed 4wd and this was best available w/ options that I wanted. Use to tow 18' boat and general hauling. Good power.

Completely Over-rated
By mhan on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Within two weeks a puddle collected under the driver side carpets. This truck looks rugged but is built like a Coke can. It's basically a raised Corolla with 4 wheel drive. Chintsy interior - cheap plastic controls, door handles, center console and lousy sounding 6 spkr CD stereo. Being built in Fremont, CA is part of the downfall. They couldn't even include a lock on the gas lids. This truck is way too expensive with little real value.

Good truck, a few problems
By jimwhoboughtatruck on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck has 2500 miles on it now, and I have noticed a few problems. The steering wheel is in the way of the clock, and I have to lean over to see it. About half the time, the truck takes two tries to start. I have no idea why a brand new vehicle would not start on the first try. Since I bought the truck, a few rattles have developed in the interior. One is the cover for the passenger side airbag on the dashboard rattling. I haven't tracked down the other rattle yet. The clutch petal just started squeaking every time I press it down.

wind noise
By first toyota on 12/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

since I drove off the lot my truck had a major wind noise coming from the drivers a piller where the door and the windshield meet. the dealer still can't find a cause so I guess I'll have to fix it my self!

Their's a reason they are expensive!
By jc9995 on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Please, if you are buying on price alone, dont buy! I started down this road (no pun intended) of purchasing a new truck with the mindset of lowering my monthly payment. Well, I did that, and I didnt have to settle for a Ranger either. Toyota offers an amazing number of creative finance options, all designed to get you into the truck of your dreams, at a payment you can afford. Yes, they are expensive, but then again, the manufacturer should know what their product is worth. The fact that this is the ONLY four wheel drive truck recommended by Consumer Reports to purchased as used says enough to me.

BAD GMC
By Mr Toyota on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

just bought my 2003 tacoma, traded in a faulty 2000 cheverolet impala. (that was a bad car) so far the truck is simply great, my wife hugged it the other day. "She was happy about loosing the crappy impala too". seats a little too small, clock in wrong place. Seems very solid and well built so far.