Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Most Helpful|
Kick A$$
By Sparky451

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Power great, Traded in an Explorer with a V8 and the Tacoma feels like it's got more get up and go. Got the SR5 w/chrome and TRD in white. Looks real sharp.

Favorite Features

Killer deal for starters. Got it for $350 under invoice and 600 less than Edmunds TMV. Went in with TMV report, Consumer Reports Wholesale Report, and CarsDirect.com numbers. Worked like a charm.

Suggested Improvements

The clock is in a really bad spot.

Very Impressive after 6 months!!
By G Williams

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Waited 6 months before writing my review and happily report that I have not had ANY problems. Build quality is great. Resale value is excellent. I get many compliments from strangers...."nice truck". Being very particular about my vehicles, I compared the Toyota with it's competition. Found the Totota to be a more attractive total package. My wife and I both love the room the 4 door model offers. I chose the 2.7 liter engine over the 3.4 due primarily to the 4 cylinder's established history for bullet proof reliability. I gladly traded off the performance for better fuel economy ( 23+ mpg around town!) Plan on keeping my truck many, many years!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy Commanding view of road Simplicity Build Quality

Suggested Improvements

Reposition clock!! Offer 5 speed manual transmission Oil Pressure and Voltage guages Make Michelin Tires standard

My Toyota Truck
By Romain Giger

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I do like my Toyota Truck. It is a Pre- Runner Double Cab 4X2/V6. It has a lot of torque in the lower RPMs. The color, Lunar Mist and trim package SR5 looks very good and I'm proud to own it. The interior is really nice, carpeted, good seats, an excellent sound system with six speakers. My wife really likes the air conditioner because it works so well. I think the fuel consumption is a little high. But then it is a truck. To ease the pain I try to hold the speed limit and seldom drive over 60 mph. Since I'm a short person, 5"3", the truck is a little high for me to get comfortable in and out.

Favorite Features

Despite some of the negatives I think it is a good vehicle and will give us good service for many years to come

Suggested Improvements

Feet are just a couple of inches shy of the ground. That means I have to slide off the seat. The running board and the inside handles are not much help. Also the purchase price was a little high.

Love it
By love it

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love this Tacoma! Thinking now of selling in order to get better fuel economy (steady 20 mpg now) great, reliable vehicle - only negatives are placement of the clock (behind the steering wheel basically) and interior picked up scratches on plastic too easily. Wish gas mileage was better and I could keep it!

Favorite Features

Reliable, functional, good looking

Suggested Improvements

Clock placement, durable interior plastic

Great Truck just getting broken in
By jeff s

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a well built and good looking truck. I am a bit of a neat freak but i do still get comments 7 years later on how good this truck looks. The paint, body and style has held up really well. 2 minor recalls, it has never failed. I have the TRD off road, its a bit bumpy but that's what you pay for!