Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

By billu

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After comparing all trucks in this class the Toyota by far offers the most for your money. I own a 4-runner with a 3.0 and it has trouble with mountian roads. This Tacoma powers up the hills with no problem. Ride and handling is about the same as other trucks with an off road package.

Power, style, payload, extended cab design, sound system.

Flip open access door to extended cab area, move shifter closer to driver, power to rear flip open windows.

Can't believe this is the highest rated
By troy2

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Traded in my wife's 1998 Tacoma XTra Cab to make it easier to move the kids in and out of. While roomier, the interior build materials seem to be of lower quality, especially the seats. The cruise control is over reactive often dropping two gears and adding 5 MPH on roads where I can maintain speed without downshifting. Shop others first. We only bought ours because of the resale value.

Room, Resale Value

Less wind noise, smoother ride, better quality cruise control and interior materials.

Why didn't I trade in earlier
By rivka

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had my tacoma for about eight months and let me tell you, it was nothing but trouble. I was at the dealer at least once a month to fix stuff. mostly the power window kept falling off the track and wouldn't go up. also other annoying stuff-the brakes and rotors needed changing after 11000 miles, the transmission shifted roughly, and the worst part was that the dealer didn't seem to know what they were doing. I finally gave up and traded it in for a dodge 1500. so far so good.

i loved the way the truck looked from the outside

truck needs some quality control improvements

It's a Toyota
By Dave Grammer

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

You can't really go wrong with Toyota, and the safety that go's with it

everything is right there for you and you really don't have to look away to find it

Rear seats fold down so the front seats lay down more for a flater resting posision after driving for 20 hours and you don't want to stop at a motel for a few hours of not looking at the road

2003 Tocoma
By Shawn Gerrow

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The more I drive it, the more I love it. It allows a man with a wife and kids to still own a serious truck and avoid the dreaded mini-van! The back seat is very comfortable with plenty of legroom, even for adults. It is comfortable on the highway and competent off-road. I am completely impressed with its off-road abilities, its height and locking rear differential have allowed me to go places my previous pickup could only dream of. To top it all off, it looks awesome too!

The locking rear differential, roof rack and power door locks are my favorite features. The roof rack is perfect for holding my canoe and the locking rear differential allows me to get it and me to my favorite fishing spots. With four doors power door locks are a must!

The clock is almost invisible to the driver and really needs to be moved. The cost of my model is a bit high due to all the standard equipment. I really didn’t need power windows, power mirrors, cruise control and a standard transmission. Improved gas milage is a must.