2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Good combination of features
By maxwellhammer on 04/08/09 09:38 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2.4L automatic, extended cab 2WD SR5. So far, I'm getting 25 mpg. The smallest engine available, but has perfectly adequate power. This is the first year for standard ABS, which was a hard to find option. I searched forever for these features in a used truck, really glad I found it. I hear the '05 and newer Tacomas don't have as good build quality, they're larger and don't offer the 2.4L. If you're looking for great reliability and mileage, I'd get an '03 or '04.

Great Small Truck
By Pilgrim on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For a small truck this is really comfortable to drive and easy to get into for large people. Your passengers are comfortable and at ease while riding in this truck.

Good Solid Truck
By polar bear on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this truck this summer and thus far I'm very happy with it. Solid, reliable and well engineered truck. For my purposes, the 2.4 litre engine is just fine. I've used it to haul lumber and other loads of junk to the dump. Gas mileage has been consistently at 23 mpg in city driving. Haven't taken any highway trips yet. Highly recommend this truck.

Couldn't be happier
By bill b on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Paid $15.4 K. AC Chrome SR5 pkg. 5 speed manual. 4 cylinder totally fine for me, even with a load. I drive very conservatively, and get an honest 32 mpg. I figure it every tank. Expect it may drop some during winter months. Solid feel. Good handling for a truck. Love the size, nice low bed. I wouldn't own a 4x4, at least for my current needs.

Where do you put your legs?
By ChipD on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this truck as a commuter vehicle. The test drive was great. But.. After I purchased it, and was stuck in traffic, the lack of legroom, and support in the seat quickly went from discomfort to severe pain. I'm only 6'2" but I just don't fit. First time this has ever happened to me in any vehicle. Even my daughter's Geo has more comfortable seats.