2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
I'll always buy Toyota.
By Americayay on 03/15/08 01:51 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I get amazing gas mileage for a truck. I adore this truck. It's cute and incredibly reliable. The only problems I have ever had have been normal car maintenance problems (battery, tires, brakes, etc.) I also threw it out of alignment jumping train tracks at 16. Other than that, I'm pretty sure it's powered by a 40 watt lightbulb. Absolutely zero get up and go. ZERO. Clocked it at 0 - 60 in 27 seconds. I am NOT exaggerating. The cab is very cramped. I did not know my husband when I chose the truck and didn't realize I would one day marry a 6' 4" 300 pound guy. It's awful and painful to sleep in this truck. Storage space is zero. Overall, this is a wonderful truck. Particularly as a 2nd car.

great truck
By 2k3tacoma on 09/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Truck is awesome. I had a sonoma before this, and believe me, the reliability on toyotas and performance is much better. Took truck on a 3k miles road trip and ran perfect the whole way. Bucket seats provide much comfort. Overall great truck

dependablity
By ocoee on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

great value for your money and a great transportaion.

The First choice in quality, fun & style
By DMT Steve on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Tacoma for over a year. It has been extremely reliable, and it draws looks from many other drivers. When quality is brought up, all you have to do is close the door on me Tacoma and compare it to closing the door on anything else. You can truly feel the quality through a process as simple as that. I have over 20k on the odometer and it still drives as well as it did on day one. There are no squeaks or rattles, as everything is very tight.

Dont Pass this one up!
By Super-Steve on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I gave up a Chevrolet to drive this. I only regret not doing it sooner. This is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Its a 4 cylinder that has similar performance to a V-6 Mustang. Don't believe me, go race one! The ride is very solid and it has no squeaks or rattles. I paid a higher price for it, that other trucks of the same size, but option for option it really cost about the same. Toyota only builds what it needs, so therefore you will not find a "stripped down" Toyota on the lot unless they were special ordered for fleet purposes. The bottom line.... pure quality!

Lots of fun If you don't mind a toy
By upgraded on 01/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

fun to drive for about 1 hour.... looks great truck... always gets the looks....good speed for the power plant...