Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great Truck
By dennis

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this vehicle for over two years. I bought it for myself, but it has now become my daughter's primary vehicle. I feel good knowing that she is in a safe vehicle that is unlikely to cause problems for her. Whenever I take it in for routine service the techs comment on how good of shape it is in mechanically.

The locking rear differential has been handy. The ride height is good for traffic views. The short bed box is handy for the types of things I need to haul on occasion while keeping the overall length convenient for around town driving. Good power.

None.

Surprising MPG
By John

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased a 2003 Tacoma Prerunner 4x2 SR5, 2.47L. I was pleasantly surprised that on a trip from Boise, Idaho to Lompoc, CA I averaged 23.5 mpg using the cruise control as much as possible and the Power ECT on long uphill grades.

fun to drive; great visibility.

That stupid clock position

Overall - NOT BAD
By Ronnie

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I've driven 4 dr sedans all of my life and this was my 1st pick-up. I bought a Snug-Top Tonneau cover for it immediately as I wanted to have a huge trunk. Overall, the truck was well-worth the money.

The V6 offers plenty of power; the 4 dr cab is about as roomy as a small pick-up gets; the seat is at a comfortable height for entering/exiting (I am 6'0"), and the overall fit and finish is very nice.

The fuel economy is this vehicles biggest downfall - I average 17 MPG. I have about a 300 mile range on a tank of gas. The rear-end is extremely light (especially in rain/ice/snow).

A truck to last
By Skywookie

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just a great truck that there is no need to worry about it lasting in the long haul

love having so many standard features like cruise and power accessories, just a great truck

Very Impressive after 6 months!!
By G Williams

2003 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Waited 6 months before writing my review and happily report that I have not had ANY problems. Build quality is great. Resale value is excellent. I get many compliments from strangers...."nice truck". Being very particular about my vehicles, I compared the Toyota with it's competition. Found the Totota to be a more attractive total package. My wife and I both love the room the 4 door model offers. I chose the 2.7 liter engine over the 3.4 due primarily to the 4 cylinder's established history for bullet proof reliability. I gladly traded off the performance for better fuel economy ( 23+ mpg around town!) Plan on keeping my truck many, many years!

Fuel economy Commanding view of road Simplicity Build Quality

Reposition clock!! Offer 5 speed manual transmission Oil Pressure and Voltage guages Make Michelin Tires standard