2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Great Truck just getting broken in
By jeff s on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a well built and good looking truck. I am a bit of a neat freak but i do still get comments 7 years later on how good this truck looks. The paint, body and style has held up really well. 2 minor recalls, it has never failed. I have the TRD off road, its a bit bumpy but that's what you pay for!

Tacomas are a great little truck
By Joy Orton on 01/28/08 12:56 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

These little Toyota 4X4s with a V6 are powerful fun little trucks to drive. They are reliable and frugal on gas. I only have two complaints. #1 They have a LOUSY turning radius. (I think Toyata did this to lower the rollover chance as the vehicle is slightly topheavy and thin... I like the metrics just not having them protect me.) #2 They don't have sufficient leg room for big people. My future wife and I are both over 6' I am longer in the torso and she longer in the legs. She cannot even fit her legs with the seats all the way back. This might not be as bad in the non King cab versions.

It Gets 'er Done
By barney on 09/08/07 02:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

All things considered, it's an excellent vehicle. All I've had to do is the regular maintenance. I've had no downtime whatsoever (well, except for the one recall but the dealer took care of it and gave me a free loaner). It pulled a U-Haul on my move from Missouri to California with no problem. It drives like a car. Plenty of power with the V6. The steering and the engine are very responsive which is a plus on the California freeways.

Excellent truck
By Joey on 11/20/06 09:19 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is an awesome truck and very stylish. My truck the 4 door, "limited", leather, TRD, 4WD, and the color is metallic black, with black luggage rack and black nerf bars... all stock. I get so many compliments on this vehicle - even though the body style is smaller than the new Tacomas that are out at the dealerships today. To me, this is the perfect size truck for off-road and run around the town.

Gotta love your toyota
By akgrowntoyotagal on 09/23/05 00:35 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle and gets great mileage for a truck. Toyotas will last forever. 4-door cab is great. My cab has more rear seat leg room than my boyfriend's big Dodge diesel truck. Not happy with lack of interior storage space. I bought a snugtop supersport truck shell to take care of that problem. Shell looks great on the truck. Little spendy, but worth it. Worried about the automatic transmission - getting a strange clunk sound when I am comming to a stop or when I first start accelerating. The fan power of the air system could have more power.

Best ever owned
By D Powell on 06/29/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Best well-made vehicle ever owned. Everything just seems to have been efficiently and ergonomically designed with the driver's needs and comforts in mind. Construction appears to be made with sound materials and involves quality engineering. Detroit needs to look closely here at a winner.

I like it
By Mark on 05/16/05 20:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 4th Toyota truck I've owned. It has been highly reliable; no surprise repairs. I would not consider another truck. My only complaint is unstable feeling at high speeds; this goes away with weight in the bed and I have taken to hauling a few bags of sand around.

Great Truck
By Steppy89 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The best off-road/on-road stock truck money can buy. The truck handles great on the highway where I average 20mpg. Every time I have taken it off- road on either a beach or a trail, I am amazed how well it preforms. The size of the truck for me is perfect; fitting all my "stuff" in frequent trips to and from college is a huge help. With Toyota's reliability the Tacoma is a great truck.

Nice Truck
By Dan Moore on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

All in all it is a great truck. Everything works and it has a good feel.

Toyota 4 door
By Toyman of San Diego on 12/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have always owned a Toyota and I know I am paying extra for this privilage! Tiyota will last for 150k to 200k miles with just an oil change! They are worth every penny!