2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Love this truck
By pixieplc on 01/24/07 12:12 PM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because I was moving out west and wanted something to get me through any kind of conditions. Driven cross country several times with no problems at all. Very reliable and stylish, I get compliments on it all the time. I was worried the cost was too high but I haven't regretted it for a minute since my purchase. I will drive this truck til the wheels fall off!

Taco Review
By Harry Nonnemacher on 04/13/05 04:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Outstanding vehicle, overall good quality, very user friendly. 21 MPG average with a v6 5 speed. Excellent safety features as well. Plenty of power, very responsive acceleration. Overall good price. A good looking "beefy" truck!

The Competiton is Not an Option
By OffRdWarrior on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Don't waste your money on the TuRD package. Get aftermarket suspension - For cheap get coil spacers, slightly more go "Old Man Emu", or the bucks get coilovers. Aftermarket lockers and your unstoppable.

Truck lover
By toyotafan11 on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I owned a 1986 standard bed Toyota 4x4 4cyl. 5sp for 9 years and had 125,000 miles on it before it was totaled. After that I purchased a 1995 Corrola which had 330,000 miles before tading it in on this 2003 Toyota Tacoma xtra cab, V6, 5 sp. I hope to enjoy this Toyata as much as the other 2. I loved the 86 truck and wanted to own another truck. I would only purchase Toyota because of its dependability. I purchased the truck Nov. 2003 and enjoy it except for the gas mileage.

perfect truck
By shawnwat on 12/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 Tacoma Xtra Cab TRD 3.4L V-6 5 speed is a wonderful truck. It performs great in 4 wheel drive, from the snow to the beach to mud trails. Its 190 hp has more than enough zip to it. I plan on having this truck for a long time.

A Real Truck!!!
By ex-18- wheeler on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Have the TRD package, stock, except added a grille guard. Took it up Horsethief Canyon Trail at Lake Mead Rec. area last Sat..Kept it in H-4 the whole time.(Jeez, when do you use L- 4???) Only 'lifted' Rubicon jeeps could handle this trail, except for my taco. Larger 4x4's have to stick to civilized off-roads.

Keeper
By Pete in Alabama on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Previous vehicle was an 89 Toyota pickup. Hoping the new Tacoma will be as reliable. After 3 or 4 hours on the road, the firm seats get slightly uncomfortable and 19MPG is lower than I'm used to but it was expected. The ride (on and off road) is great even with the TRD package. Acceleration is OK. Recommend DrawTie hitch receiver and Line-X bed liner. Have towed light loads so far with no problems. Hope to enjoy it for 10+ years.

excitement
By Supralover on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Very very versatile whether offroading, moving big objects or just to have fun i think it's the best reliable truck on the market today

Another Toyota truck for me
By thrower on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I just sold a 1991 Toyota truck. I was the original owner. With 200,000 miles on it, it was still running great, but it didn't have enough cab room for me, my wife and our dog. So I got the Extended cab, SR5 stepside. The V6 is powerful and quiet. Steering is responsive and tight. The truck has the off-road suspension and it seems to help reduce speed bumps, etc. Toyota hasn't lost the touch. It's a great truck.

my truck
By joshua skinner on 08/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

only have had great things with toyota. this new tacoma so far is the best yet.