Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Love this truck
By pixieplc

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because I was moving out west and wanted something to get me through any kind of conditions. Driven cross country several times with no problems at all. Very reliable and stylish, I get compliments on it all the time. I was worried the cost was too high but I haven't regretted it for a minute since my purchase. I will drive this truck til the wheels fall off!

Favorite Features

CD player and stock stereo system are both very nice

Suggested Improvements

Back seats are not comfortable at all and a temperature and compass feature would be nice.

Taco Review
By Harry Nonnemacher

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Outstanding vehicle, overall good quality, very user friendly. 21 MPG average with a v6 5 speed. Excellent safety features as well. Plenty of power, very responsive acceleration. Overall good price. A good looking "beefy" truck!

Favorite Features

Auto 4wd, airbags, rear differential lock. Vehicle Intrusion Detection.

Suggested Improvements

The suspension is a little softer than the previous year Toyota, When they offer the off-road package the should put light bars and roll bars on it.

The Competiton is Not an Option
By OffRdWarrior

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Don't waste your money on the TuRD package. Get aftermarket suspension - For cheap get coil spacers, slightly more go "Old Man Emu", or the bucks get coilovers. Aftermarket lockers and your unstoppable.

Favorite Features

No cheap (Nissan)looking plastic bumpers.

Suggested Improvements

Diesel option. Better seats.

Truck lover
By toyotafan11

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I owned a 1986 standard bed Toyota 4x4 4cyl. 5sp for 9 years and had 125,000 miles on it before it was totaled. After that I purchased a 1995 Corrola which had 330,000 miles before tading it in on this 2003 Toyota Tacoma xtra cab, V6, 5 sp. I hope to enjoy this Toyata as much as the other 2. I loved the 86 truck and wanted to own another truck. I would only purchase Toyota because of its dependability. I purchased the truck Nov. 2003 and enjoy it except for the gas mileage.

Favorite Features

hight over other vehicles body design interior comfort torgue V6

Suggested Improvements

move the clock so the driver can view it. independent rear suspension for a more comfordable ride. keep the suspension hight or higher. better back support for rear passangers.

perfect truck
By shawnwat

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 Tacoma Xtra Cab TRD 3.4L V-6 5 speed is a wonderful truck. It performs great in 4 wheel drive, from the snow to the beach to mud trails. Its 190 hp has more than enough zip to it. I plan on having this truck for a long time.

Favorite Features

The TRD package is great. Very comfortable ride. Great off road. 31 inch tires look muscular. 5 speed transmission makes the 190 hp come to life.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a few more ponies under the hood. 190 is nice, but I'd like to have around 210 or so. Also, fuel economy is average