Used 2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great Buy
By Brookieman10

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I had 91 Nissan 4x4 that just rusted away The V6 was very thirsty and in town 4x4 driving was in minutes of driving not mpg. I needed an economical replacement with an xtra cab. A replacement 4x4 4 cyl was ~ $8000 more (Canadian) So my next choice was the pre runner 2.7 l having the same horse power as my Nissan V6 and better mpg. Would definitely recommend the 2.7 l if you want a 4 cylinder truck to boot around town cheaply. Reliability of Ford/Mazda was worrysome. Nissan was better equiped but 6.9%

Style is fantastic. 2.7 l motor is good compromise between mpg and horsepower. Truck is nimble and fun to own.

4 cyclinder trucks need manual transmissons. Canadian pre runners need 16" tire and fender flare. MOVE THE DAM CLOCK

first new truck i have owned
By beck

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

purchased truck in oct 2001..they just came out with the new design..liked it alot more than 2000..i wrecked my 85 toyota sr5 long bed..it had 220000 miles on it..so i knew i wanted another toyota...i like it but not as sporty as my 85 mis my 5 sp trans...great solid feeling on road..good looking...added chrome side bars..hitch..tonuea cover sprayed in bed liner...ive had the dash replaced due to deformed pad..caused rattles...stil has some ratles and creeks..dis appointed over that..85 had no rattles...all in all a good truck...but i miss something more sporty and fuel effient..may trade

great sound system 6 spkrs and love cd plyer...great stance with 16 in wheels.. good ride.. decent room for extended cab

better milage..5 spd..third access door options are pricy..and hate the extra mile package...had a hard time finding one with out it...would like a sunroof..miss my sunroof in my 85

Feel in Control of the ROAD!
By MANDO60

2003 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner Rwd SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The truck is awesome! Im 20 years old and I still don't know if I got a great deal on it or not, all I know is that I love it for what it's used for. The price I ended paying for the truck was $21,500 but I had to tack on $1,500 from an insurance settlement that did not end so well. The truck handles awesome! The pick up is very impressive concidering that it is a 4 Cyl. and the room is GREAT! You get enought leg room in it to SLEEP THERE!!! I've done it! Just once, the seat was not too confy, but it did the job. People love it! When they get in it they want it! All my friends want to test drive it due to the couple specs that I have added to it.

The one thing that I love the most is the way it sits. I look at it out the window here at my job and it's just awesome! It's my fun toy and it has that classy look! Just like me, Profesional during the day, PARTY ANIMAL AT NIGHT! =0)

I would have to say the way it feels when the wind hits it, It feels as if you are going to lose it if you look away for a second. Other than that, I LOVE MY TRUCK! Can't say anything about the pick up, it's a 4 cyl. =0) Oh yeah, Fuel Economy, it's struggling there.