2002 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Tacoma - Good Solid Truck

2002 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Base Regular Cab Pickup (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed)

Tacoma - Good Solid Truck
By Hundarion on

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle to do general type hauling on the weekends for gardening & home improvement work. This vehicle is well suited for these tasks. I appreciate the fine lines on the body of this truck, especially the front end. I test drove several other compact trucks and felt the tacoma gave the best ride. The truck handles well with adequate power for a 4 cylinder. I do experience the whistle in my A/C that some other reviewers have complained about but no other complaints. This is the 3rd Toyota vehicle I have owned and I hope my Tacoma provides the same reliability and problem free performance as my previous two vehicles.

Favorite Features

Very nice body style on the Tacoma. The automatic transmission is very smooth and far superior to the Saturn SL2 that I owned before I purchased the Tacoma.

Suggested Improvements

The pricing on the Tacoma is higher than comparable vehicles but the truck is barebones. Putting a clock in the truck and upgrading the bench seat cloth would be a good start. Adding some coin storage or small storage area by the center cup holders would help as well.