2002 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Excellent Truck

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Review

Excellent Truck
By Brian B on

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Nissan truck for the last seven years and it was very good but this Toyota is great! I was concerned about the ablility to pull our 4,300 pound boat but it was no problem at all. I have owned several Toyota vehicles in the past and all provided years of trouble free service. I'm expecting to keep this one for at least 8 years. Almost bought a Ranger since they had such a low price and rebates until I started talking to people that have owned them and saw the poor rating for Ranger four wheel drives in Consumer Reports. Glad I checked it out plus I have had very bad luck with Fords in general.

The four full size doors are very handy. Also like the four wheel drive. The transmission is smooth and the truck has a very quite ride at all speeds.

The clock is a joke. Why bother. I hope the design genious that placed it behind the steering wheel is no longer with Toyota. Seats could use a bit more comfort as well.