Bigger Is Not Always Better
By Flavellinator on
2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I looked at many new trucks and was not impressed. Sure, they're larger, faster, and hold more things, but that's not what I needed. I didn't want the worry of fitting into a small parking space, or making a U-turn, or driving on a narrow road. I needed a truck that held four people comfortably while still being able to haul my stuff, rode well, and was dependable. So I backtracked and purchased a used Tacoma. What a great decision! Its design is outstanding; the sightlines from sitting up high are fantastic. Gas mileage is good. It's comfortable too. Not everyone wants a big truck; it's a mistake that they removed this size of vehicle from the market, so get a good used one while you can.
Favorite Features
Nice design. Fit and finish second to none. Smooth acceleration and handling. Versatile. Excellent sightlines from seat position. Standard Toyota dependability.
Suggested Improvements
Needs body side moldings - it dings easily. Stiff ride, but it is a truck so don't be surprised. The clock should have been combined with the stereo (duh!); its location is horrible. Uncomfortable front seats for long trips