Best Toyota Truck I've Owned Yet
By D.R., Palatine, IL on
2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)
All I can say about this truck is that…it's beautiful. I traded in my 93'Toyota 4x4 (Standard) pickup (with 108,000 miles), which was left outside, all year-round, and even in the worst Chicago winters it started every day, for my new 02' in Feb. This new truck is everything I wished my other truck could have been. It has more Power, better pick-up, better handling (which really surprised me), and a sharper look. It maybe a little more pricey than other trucks in the same class, but you're also getting a better quality truck. Which is something I know from personal experience, not just because "JD Powers" says so.
Favorite Features
Factory built Rear Locking Differential! Aluminum Rims, and being able to get 31" tires on this truck (without rubbing on the wells). The extra storage room and bucket seats that come with the xtra-cab. The six speaker sound system sounds great. The slightly newer body design.
Suggested Improvements
Return to mechanical linkage to engage 4WD system using Transfer Case Shift Lever, instead of the push button operation that's on the lever now. Stereo needs a preset Vol. setting that it goes to when turned on. More HP! More ground clearance. Add extra grab-handle.