2002 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Gotta have one.
By hanglide on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second Tacoma. My first was a 99, 4 cyl, 4WD, Xcab. It was totaled in an accident. Ended up rolling it at 55mph and walked away w/out a scratch. The truck’s design and construction saved my life! Bought a new 01, V6, 4WD, Xcad. Don’t have one complain about either. It’s great in the mud and snow with the right set of tires. I have accumulated 80K+ miles with both trucks and never had a problem with either one. Just have regular maintenance done. Can’t even complain about a rattle or squeak. I would put my money down another one without thinking about it.

Love It
By BryanS on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

been wanting to get a truck for years and my new job allows me to get one. I drive quite a bit and I love this truck. I bought a custom truck with aftermarket rims, paintjob, grille guards wityh KS lites and custom leather. The only time I don't like the truck is when it rains and it gets dirty, I do everything I can to keep it clean and looking ood.

Humpty Dumpty...
By guamSAR on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck for my wife.Well, 6 months later she hit a big rutt in the road and before she knew it she was flying off into a ditch.The front wheels got their traction back as she turned the wheels back to the right and she started rolling.All told my wife rolled it 1 and 3/4 times ending up on the passenger side of the truck.

Love My Tacoma !
By mptri on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great versatility with room for 5 in the cab, but able to haul just about anything in the bed. It's my first truck & I would most certainly buy another Toyota truck product in the future.

best of both worlds
By outlaw on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

excellent pickup with room for four secure excellent quality a little pricey average mpg around town 18, 20 highway optional push button 4wd is nice feature in this truck

The Tacoma Delivers!
By MikeDean on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

What else can be said about the world's greatest mid-sized truck? I have the crew cab TRD V6. When I first saw this vehicle on the road last year, I knew I had to have one. There is no one thing I am disappointed in.

j blo
By jo blo on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this is a great truck and i would buy it again if presented with the opportunity.

2001 Toyota Tacoma
By TJG1000 on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

The only regret is not getting the extended cab...I bought a Leer topper so that the dogs could ride with me. The Tacoma offers great gas mileage, fun to drive and light enough to make it through deep snow without getting stuck.

Toyota 2wd 2002
By Derek1231212 on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle in great shape. Lately, it has been shifting its automatic transmission too early and bogging the engine. Also, at idle it has a rattle now. It is only 6 months old. Not what I expect from a Toyota.

Had a good truck
By filmelf on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This truck of mine was a great truck with a notible exception or two. 1. The gas and break pedels are to close to the seat (bucket seats). The clock could not be read and would be best if placed where the airbag key control is. The side bar in the door saveed me from serious injury when T-Boned by another car.