2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Best 4Door Compact Crew (IMHO)
By wsnoble on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The truck is great. The only thing I think Toyota can do is consider more HP from the V6 and use better quality seat fabric. Other than that this thing is great. This truck is teh swiss army knives on compact trucks and with Toyota build quality and reliability, it it quite clearly the best choice in the segment

TACOMA RULES
By Tacolover on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

MY TACOMA RULES!!! ITS THE BEST TRUCK EVER!!! IT KILLS THE FORD SPORT TRAC ANYDAY!!!

Excellent Truck
By Brian B on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Nissan truck for the last seven years and it was very good but this Toyota is great! I was concerned about the ablility to pull our 4,300 pound boat but it was no problem at all. I have owned several Toyota vehicles in the past and all provided years of trouble free service. I'm expecting to keep this one for at least 8 years. Almost bought a Ranger since they had such a low price and rebates until I started talking to people that have owned them and saw the poor rating for Ranger four wheel drives in Consumer Reports. Glad I checked it out plus I have had very bad luck with Fords in general.

What a Feeling!
By Dnoorg on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

No problems with truck, runs like a dream.

Hard to beat
By Ro'Dilander on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I sat in all the available 4 door small pickups - both front AND back. I'm 6'2 and the Toyota was the only one I was comfortable in. I've since ridden long distances in the back with no problems. I could not bare the look of the Nissan truck - too much styling going on there. Ford SportTrac- there's something really wrong with the way that truck looks. Chevrolet -well it's a GM. This was my first Toyota and foreign car purchase.

my truck performance
By joelsb67 on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

off-road is excellent, but comfort is little bit poor,suspension to hard.

Tacoma Double Cab Pre-Runner
By joeld on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After comparing all of the competition, this is the best truck for the money. Everything about it is smooth and well built. If you like the looks of a 4x4, but the price of the 4x2's, the TRD package is the way to go. The only way to tell that it's not a 4x4 is to look under the truck.

Wasen't Looking
By Diana on 03/17/02 20:58 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I wasen't considering this truck until I drove it. I must confess my narrowness of mind while shopping and only looking at the full size trucks. I love this truck and I would purchase another one without hesitation. It also fits into my garage easier than the big trucks which was a safety/security concern for me.

Noise
By Bloomer on 03/14/02 15:53 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I like the concept of the 4 doors. I expected alot more quality in design. I am extremely disappointed in the noise factor of this truck. They needed to put alot more time in the design of it, to take away the wind noise.

Nice Ride
By Angel Beltran on 03/08/02 14:26 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Tacoma is a fun toy.