2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
my truck
By ba2ty on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just a few words: fun,cool,happy,class,tough,slick,comfort zen,calm,crazy,safe,speed and perfect

Great Truck
By CHIEFROCKER on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased the 2wd V6 double cab with TRD. I must say this truck is awesome. I have done extensive research on this truck before buying. I looked at all the other competitors and the Toyato is the best hands down. Unfortunately I have heard a few horror stoies about Leaks around the dash and passenger door. Hopefully I won't have those problems

Tough Choices - Tacoma
By kirbyt on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Tacoma Dbl Cab is a good compromise amoung the compact and mid-sized pickups. TRD package is proven to be good choice for options received. Parks well in tight parking garages and fits inside the garage at home. Tacoma PreRunners just are not a smooth ride on any surface. Tundra rides far superior. Back seat is comfortable and folds up just right for the dog to ride in back. Front bucket seem to be fine for support of the average build. Seat height is bit low but not uncomfortable. Note that the back seat windows go down all the way! I'm sold on the truck and looking forward to many years of driving.

Tacoma 4-dr PreRunner
By wjm0003 on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Awsome compact. Best small truck of the major ones on the market.

Solid build and fun to Drive
By toadman on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving several of the 4 door compact crew cabs, settled on the Toyota D-Cab. The V6 engine handles well and plenty of space in the rear seats. Has a very quite ride even at highway speeds.

Tacoma Double Cab
By dieck on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the Tacoma Double cab after much research. If you negotiate with the dealer and get it near invoice, it is an excellent value. I have the space to carry 5 adults. This is perfect for us because My wife and I can take our infant daughter and two guests (another couple). The bed is much more utilitarian than an SUV of comperable size. With a spray in bedliner it can haul anything without risk of scratch or dent. The truck rides nicely with the TRD package and has enough ground clearance and a rear locker to get me out of anything I get myself into. Overall, I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

Awesome Truck
By resq173 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my truck.............not one problem right out of the dealer.....runs like a top.

New Tacoma Xtracab
By TexTacoma on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just turned 1000 miles, and I couldn't be happier. This truck is great. I have three kids and they all fit in the back seat. The truck runs great, and is a blast to drive. I will update this at 10,000 miles and we'll see if its the same.

Modified to out tow and power most V8's
By dentalrepairs on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I get lots of looks when I drive my truck. Great appearance and everybody knows the reliability of Toyota Trucks. Not just that, but when people ride my truck, they know there's lots of horsies powering this baby.

a man's ride
By w.t. on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

if the worst thing i can say about my truck is that they put the clock in the wrong place. then it must be great. the thing that suprised me was how much room it has. i am a large person and i don't like to put a car or truck on like a pair of pants. if you like the convience of a truck and the ride of a car then check this one out. it truly is is a man's truck.