Used 2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Good Pick Up
By Hooray_beer

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Solid and reliable. I now have 120K and have only had to replace the power steering pump which I got from the dealership. It went out again in one month. I went ahead and replaced it on my own. The gas mileage is terrible for a truck of that size. On a good note, this is a great PU that I feel safe with my two kids and wife in. I also feel confident that I can go anywhere at anytime. PS. I pulled a Dodge 3500 4x4 w/Cummins pullin a Chevy 1500 SB out of the sand with no problem. 4 Wheel Low with a forgiving tow strap.

Overall quality and reliability.

Better gas mileage.

Good truck with minor bugs
By riddleja

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Major components are all solid and reliable, but fit & finish aren't up to my expectations of a Toyota. Numerous dashboard rattles (not fixed after 20 trips to 3 dealerships), had a water leak, and windshield washer pump broke. Gas mileage could also be better, but it's on par with similar vehicles.

4 doors and a bed! This thing defines practical.

Fix the rattles! Interior styling was improved in the newer models. Improved fuel economy would be nice.

great truck fun to drive
By Jesse Gonzalez

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my tacoma for a 2 year and what 2 year it has been. The tacoma is a great truck that I would recomend to anyone. Its TRD package is great when going off road, its v6 engine is very powerfull I have towed my 22 foot boat without a problem. It has good leg space in front as well in the rear. The differential lock is great when you ever need to get out of a muddy place. Its ground clearence is more than enough to go over a few step hills. Overall the tacoma is and extrodinary truck with its great engeneering and its Reliability is fanominal. The only downfall is its clock, make it a little more visable.

Its power to tow, great suspension, awesome radio, comfortable seats, good leg room, its great off-roading capbilities, and its RELIABILITY!

move the clock to where its a little more visable when driving

Great truck
By Cedric

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Tacoma now for 3 and a half years and I couldn't be happier. It meets my everyday needs and is very reliable. I've towed several heaviy loads in excess of 4000 lds several hundred miles without any problems. Highway ride is comfortable and road noise is at a minimum. Off road I haven't gotten into anything that I couldn't drive myself out of with the rear locker the comes with TRD package. Wheel travel and groung clerance have never been an issue even with the factory suspension. The only downfall I can think of is the bed size, would like it to be bigger. With a standard size toolbox there is not much bed space left.

Reliability!

All the improvements I can think of have been made in the new generation Tacoma.

Couldn't be happier
By Big_Port

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Aside from Fuel mileage, I couldn't be happier with my Tacoma. The build quality is great, creature comforts are minimal but it's a truck, has everything you need. The exterior styling is second to none. The TRD package probably isn't necissary unless yoru a real off-roader but it's nice to have for resale value. All in all, I wouldn't conscider any other 4 door truck for my needs. A+ for this Truck.

Exterior styling, larger tires and wheels, huge back seat that is comfortable for 6 foot guys.

Few more ponies under the hood. Better Fuel mileage.