2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
The best 4-wheel-drive truck for the $$$
By Bechego on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted a reliable 4x4 truck that would last at least ten years. This truck has now 30K miles and there is nothing wrong with it. I have taken it off-road a couple of times and have been very confident in it. It is clearly not a truck that you want to abuse too much off road though. After off-roading once I had to have the alignment done because it was thrown off. Even though the ride is somewhat rough and sometimes bouncy, the truck has very good handling and it is sure on its "feet".

Excellent Quality Pick-up Truck
By Sherry M. on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Tacoma Double Cab for two years and love it. It has been very reliable and have had no problems at all with it. The quality of the truck is excellent inside and out. I've been very impressed that the cost of maintenance is much less expensive than most others. I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a good looking, quality pick-up truck. The Tacoma Double Cab also has great leg room in the front as well as in the back.

An Excellent Choice
By Pequot on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It was a little pricey, but I have found it to live up to my expectations.

Good truck, but with problems
By riddler on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

2002 Tacoma double cab is very practical and capable, but mine has been a disappointment. I've had numerous problems with a rattling dashboard (10+ trips to the dealer and it still rattles). Also, I just had a fuel tank recall and had to get some sort of metal shielding installed. Water pump leaked and had to be replaced. Another large water leak into the cab from the engine cowl - this thing is in the shop yet again getting all the carpet and jute replaced. It's a great truck ... when it's not in the shop. Based on my experiences over the past 1.5 years, I would not recommend this truck. Riddler

2002 Tacoma Crew Cab 4WD
By Doug I on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck so far. I have had no problems with it at all and the crew cab is very handy for hualing the grandkids around.

Love It
By BryanS on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

been wanting to get a truck for years and my new job allows me to get one. I drive quite a bit and I love this truck. I bought a custom truck with aftermarket rims, paintjob, grille guards wityh KS lites and custom leather. The only time I don't like the truck is when it rains and it gets dirty, I do everything I can to keep it clean and looking ood.

Humpty Dumpty...
By guamSAR on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck for my wife.Well, 6 months later she hit a big rutt in the road and before she knew it she was flying off into a ditch.The front wheels got their traction back as she turned the wheels back to the right and she started rolling.All told my wife rolled it 1 and 3/4 times ending up on the passenger side of the truck.

Love My Tacoma !
By mptri on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great versatility with room for 5 in the cab, but able to haul just about anything in the bed. It's my first truck & I would most certainly buy another Toyota truck product in the future.

best of both worlds
By outlaw on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

excellent pickup with room for four secure excellent quality a little pricey average mpg around town 18, 20 highway optional push button 4wd is nice feature in this truck

The Tacoma Delivers!
By MikeDean on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

What else can be said about the world's greatest mid-sized truck? I have the crew cab TRD V6. When I first saw this vehicle on the road last year, I knew I had to have one. There is no one thing I am disappointed in.