2002 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Axle Wrap
By MarkMarkN on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my truck 2002 dbl cab 4x4 with a TRD suspension package although axle wrap is a real problem. Axle wrap is caused by soft leaf springs distorting while braking and or accelerating causing the drive line to bind, thump and bump. It has been to the dealer twice without long term correction. A crack service tech from Toyota is supposed to work on the axle wrap problem when he is in town. It is my hope that this problem can and will be resolved soon. I have never had a Toyota or any other car with this type of problem.

Tacoma Crew Cab
By humeston on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this Tacoma for two weeks and really love it. So far mileage has been decent. I have 1580 miles on it (vacation) and just installed the K&N air filter. The K&N made a slight difference in acceleration for the better. Paid 2.7% above dealer invoice. Build quality is super. Did have one rear cargo hook missing in the bed.

Tocoma Double-Cab for the road!!
By Ryan23 on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Toyota Tacoma is a very fun truck to drive smooth and powerfull. It handels in the snow and off road like a champ. I love my Toacoma

Solid build and fun to Drive
By toadman on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving several of the 4 door compact crew cabs, settled on the Toyota D-Cab. The V6 engine handles well and plenty of space in the rear seats. Has a very quite ride even at highway speeds.

Awesome Truck
By resq173 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my truck.............not one problem right out of the dealer.....runs like a top.

Best 4Door Compact Crew (IMHO)
By wsnoble on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The truck is great. The only thing I think Toyota can do is consider more HP from the V6 and use better quality seat fabric. Other than that this thing is great. This truck is teh swiss army knives on compact trucks and with Toyota build quality and reliability, it it quite clearly the best choice in the segment

Excellent Truck
By Brian B on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Nissan truck for the last seven years and it was very good but this Toyota is great! I was concerned about the ablility to pull our 4,300 pound boat but it was no problem at all. I have owned several Toyota vehicles in the past and all provided years of trouble free service. I'm expecting to keep this one for at least 8 years. Almost bought a Ranger since they had such a low price and rebates until I started talking to people that have owned them and saw the poor rating for Ranger four wheel drives in Consumer Reports. Glad I checked it out plus I have had very bad luck with Fords in general.

Hard to beat
By Ro'Dilander on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I sat in all the available 4 door small pickups - both front AND back. I'm 6'2 and the Toyota was the only one I was comfortable in. I've since ridden long distances in the back with no problems. I could not bare the look of the Nissan truck - too much styling going on there. Ford SportTrac- there's something really wrong with the way that truck looks. Chevrolet -well it's a GM. This was my first Toyota and foreign car purchase.

my truck performance
By joelsb67 on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

off-road is excellent, but comfort is little bit poor,suspension to hard.

Nice Ride
By Angel Beltran on 03/08/02 14:26 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Tacoma is a fun toy.