2002 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Best Toyota Truck I've Owned Yet
By D.R., Palatine, IL on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

All I can say about this truck is that…it's beautiful. I traded in my 93'Toyota 4x4 (Standard) pickup (with 108,000 miles), which was left outside, all year-round, and even in the worst Chicago winters it started every day, for my new 02' in Feb. This new truck is everything I wished my other truck could have been. It has more Power, better pick-up, better handling (which really surprised me), and a sharper look. It maybe a little more pricey than other trucks in the same class, but you're also getting a better quality truck. Which is something I know from personal experience, not just because "JD Powers" says so.

Toyota Rocks!
By balpreet on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Really solid build quality. Very smooth engine.

my truck performance
By joelsb67 on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

off-road is excellent, but comfort is little bit poor,suspension to hard.

Tacoma Double Cab Pre-Runner
By joeld on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After comparing all of the competition, this is the best truck for the money. Everything about it is smooth and well built. If you like the looks of a 4x4, but the price of the 4x2's, the TRD package is the way to go. The only way to tell that it's not a 4x4 is to look under the truck.

Wasen't Looking
By Diana on 03/17/02 20:58 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I wasen't considering this truck until I drove it. I must confess my narrowness of mind while shopping and only looking at the full size trucks. I love this truck and I would purchase another one without hesitation. It also fits into my garage easier than the big trucks which was a safety/security concern for me.

Noise
By Bloomer on 03/14/02 15:53 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I like the concept of the 4 doors. I expected alot more quality in design. I am extremely disappointed in the noise factor of this truck. They needed to put alot more time in the design of it, to take away the wind noise.

Sport Truck
By 01Srunner on 03/11/02 19:29 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab S-Runner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

From the start its been a blast to drive. It handles very well, eventhough it has more body lean than I want. Still better that my previous truck. It gets 21MPG in city/highway driving, pretty much the same as my 98 Frontier. The interior is well appointed, but the clock placement is very bad. You can't see it from the drivers seat. The sport seats a very comfertable, and offer very good support for spirited driving. I wish that it had power mirrors, and a complete set of gauges.

2002 Tacoma 4x4 TRD
By hunkele3 on 03/10/02 16:36 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I've only had the vehicle for 3 months, but I am extremely impressed with the quality, performance, and good looks. This is definitely the best small pick-up on the market - no contest!

Nice Ride
By Angel Beltran on 03/08/02 14:26 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Tacoma is a fun toy.

buy a toyota, or get beat by a toyota
By kgrgunman on 03/01/02 02:05 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road, TRD Supercharger, TRD air and oil filters Fast as hell...nice all around truck, and cheap, for what you get