2002 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Solid build and fun to Drive
By toadman on 06/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After test driving several of the 4 door compact crew cabs, settled on the Toyota D-Cab. The V6 engine handles well and plenty of space in the rear seats. Has a very quite ride even at highway speeds.

S-Runner By John B.z
By S-Runner8 on 05/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab S-Runner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

The ride deliver a decent power. Willing to rev any pick up trucks that wants to race. The seat is very confortable but not after for more than 2 hours non-stop ride. Most important, it catches attention to those who drives a different sport trucks. The engine power is there when you need it, especially when going to freeway.

Tacoma Double Cab
By dieck on 05/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the Tacoma Double cab after much research. If you negotiate with the dealer and get it near invoice, it is an excellent value. I have the space to carry 5 adults. This is perfect for us because My wife and I can take our infant daughter and two guests (another couple). The bed is much more utilitarian than an SUV of comperable size. With a spray in bedliner it can haul anything without risk of scratch or dent. The truck rides nicely with the TRD package and has enough ground clearance and a rear locker to get me out of anything I get myself into. Overall, I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

Tacoma 2002
By Khoi on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I've owned the inline 4 in the past and it was adequate for everyday use. But changing over to this 3.4 L V6 is great. This engine has so much pep in it. Althought I would love to see how it could really perform with the TRD supercharger.

Awesome Truck
By resq173 on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my truck.............not one problem right out of the dealer.....runs like a top.

New Tacoma Xtracab
By TexTacoma on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just turned 1000 miles, and I couldn't be happier. This truck is great. I have three kids and they all fit in the back seat. The truck runs great, and is a blast to drive. I will update this at 10,000 miles and we'll see if its the same.

Great Truck
By kevinb on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I Love this truck it beats the heck out of my previous trucks. I have noticed that the quality of toyota bucket seats have progressively gotten worse over the years. my 89 4runner had very nice seats 4 or 5 different adjustments. Lumbar, thigh support etc. my 2002 has two forward and backward, and recline. the clock is also a joke. overall i love this truck very comfortable and excellent off road

Modified to out tow and power most V8's
By dentalrepairs on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I get lots of looks when I drive my truck. Great appearance and everybody knows the reliability of Toyota Trucks. Not just that, but when people ride my truck, they know there's lots of horsies powering this baby.

Tough Tacoma
By cool on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 2002 Pre-runner V6 ext.cab Tacoma version last week. I already have 500 Miles!!! I'm very pleased. What a fun car. The Pre-Runner trim and TRD Off-Road package makes the truck sit up a lot higher than most other trucks. The V6 has a nice punch. And you can't argue about how beautiful yet rugged the Tacoma looks. I'm looking forward to putting many miles on this truck.

a man's ride
By w.t. on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

if the worst thing i can say about my truck is that they put the clock in the wrong place. then it must be great. the thing that suprised me was how much room it has. i am a large person and i don't like to put a car or truck on like a pair of pants. if you like the convience of a truck and the ride of a car then check this one out. it truly is is a man's truck.