2002 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Surprising vehicle!
By Trish on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've always been a Honda driver. But after getting into this compact truck and driving it around, I was totally surprised! It's smooth, doesn't have a bulky "truck" feeling to it and it's so easy to manuever in and out of traffic. The seats are a little stiff but I really like the tilt steering wheel option. I've only accrued 200 miles on it so far, but I can't wait to test it on longer, highway trips! Working with the dealership was another surprising experience! Great guys!

great truck
By onenut on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This truck has a very smooth and stable ride for a 4x4 truck. The 3.4L V6 has plenty of power and has a quick throttle response. The 5 speed shifts smooth and tight. Overall I am very impressed with the quality and drivability of this truck, the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Overall best truck I've had!!!!!
By Eddy on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.7 Liter could use some more power but the TRD supercharger, it feels like an 8 cyl. I also have a V-6 crew cab which it is really strong, powerful, and fast. Hoping to supercharge it soon!!!!!!

Great Truck!
By Jynxie on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this truck because I thought it was a great looking "buff little truck" and it has certainly lived up to the name! Would definitely recommend it to anybody!

great so far
By afrantom on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

The overall quality and design is almost perfect. Although the options can be a little pricy, there really is no comparison to any other make. After testing several other imports and domestics, this is by far the superior vehicle. Already having over 4000 miles in just a month and a half, the ride is quite comfortable, especially for someone of my size (6'4" and 250lbs). One of the downfalls is the lack of room in the Xcab. I don't even think my 11 year old nephew was comfortable on a 5 mile drive. definitely need a re-design for the Xcab in the near future. Other than that, the truck is quite capable.

my truck
By ba2ty on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Just a few words: fun,cool,happy,class,tough,slick,comfort zen,calm,crazy,safe,speed and perfect

Great Truck
By CHIEFROCKER on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased the 2wd V6 double cab with TRD. I must say this truck is awesome. I have done extensive research on this truck before buying. I looked at all the other competitors and the Toyato is the best hands down. Unfortunately I have heard a few horror stoies about Leaks around the dash and passenger door. Hopefully I won't have those problems

Tough Choices - Tacoma
By kirbyt on 06/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Tacoma Dbl Cab is a good compromise amoung the compact and mid-sized pickups. TRD package is proven to be good choice for options received. Parks well in tight parking garages and fits inside the garage at home. Tacoma PreRunners just are not a smooth ride on any surface. Tundra rides far superior. Back seat is comfortable and folds up just right for the dog to ride in back. Front bucket seem to be fine for support of the average build. Seat height is bit low but not uncomfortable. Note that the back seat windows go down all the way! I'm sold on the truck and looking forward to many years of driving.

Tacoma 4-dr PreRunner
By wjm0003 on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Awsome compact. Best small truck of the major ones on the market.

Consider your options....
By Kalhoun on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

First off, the truck was delivered dirty and damaged. The salesman tried to clean the upholstry with paint cleaner. That ruined the drivers side seat. The area where the top of the cab connects with the side at the passenger window was not ground down and the weld joints are exceptionally noticable. The AC and heat "whistle" on the top two speed settings (unless set to highest or lowest settings). I wouldn't purchase another Tacoma.