2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2.7L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

PreRunner Xtracab (2.7L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic 6.2 ft. Bed)

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
One Great Truck
By Bo on 10/24/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Toyota pickup and I love it. I went with a 4cyl this time and the power is fine. I'm getting a average of 23 or 24 mpg. I'm a sales rep and drive about 30,000 miles a year. So far since I bought this in may I have placed 16,000 miles in less than six months and no problem what so ever. This model with the 4cyl, x-cab, trd package is the best Tacoma I've had thus far. I highly recommend it.

Can't beat a Toyota
By autiger on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

My main problem is being a large man, the passenger side room for the knees is poor. It is not comfortable to ride as a passenger, therefore i always drive long distances myself. The clock is hard to view from the driver's perspective. Otherwise, a great truck and no regrets on buying it except that I wish i would have waited one more year for the lower prices.

You get what you pay for...
By chonie on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have read a number of other reviews and was not shocked to read about the fender flare seal problems. Other than that, after a few cross country trips and lots of stop and go traffic; no problems whatsoever. I cannot adequately express how much I love this truck. I think that it is by far the best looking truck in it's class and, of course, the quality of a Toyota speaks for itself. Although it is more expensive than the others in it's class, I think we all know that you get what you pay for when it comes to trucks and I feel as though I have received every penny's worth when it comes to my Tacoma.