2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
No other truck comes close
By libraryguy85 on 10/26/11 15:02 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is the most complete and downright solid truck I have ever owned and probably ever will own. I bought this truck used because I liked the second generation body style better than the new ones, and it has not disappointed in any way. I've wanted one since I was in high school, back when I drove a '96 Nissan hardbody pickup, and about 8 years later, I had a TRD 4 door in my driveway, ironically almost the same color (Impulse Red Pearl) as the Nissan. I never thought I'd find a better truck than my first, but I was wrong. This truck is perfect in every way and never lets me down. It has about 108K on the odometer and many miles to go. Keep up the good work, Toyota!

Bigger Is Not Always Better
By Flavellinator on 06/23/07 11:49 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I looked at many new trucks and was not impressed. Sure, they're larger, faster, and hold more things, but that's not what I needed. I didn't want the worry of fitting into a small parking space, or making a U-turn, or driving on a narrow road. I needed a truck that held four people comfortably while still being able to haul my stuff, rode well, and was dependable. So I backtracked and purchased a used Tacoma. What a great decision! Its design is outstanding; the sightlines from sitting up high are fantastic. Gas mileage is good. It's comfortable too. Not everyone wants a big truck; it's a mistake that they removed this size of vehicle from the market, so get a good used one while you can.

great truck fun to drive
By Jesse Gonzalez on 01/14/06 23:32 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my tacoma for a 2 year and what 2 year it has been. The tacoma is a great truck that I would recomend to anyone. Its TRD package is great when going off road, its v6 engine is very powerfull I have towed my 22 foot boat without a problem. It has good leg space in front as well in the rear. The differential lock is great when you ever need to get out of a muddy place. Its ground clearence is more than enough to go over a few step hills. Overall the tacoma is and extrodinary truck with its great engeneering and its Reliability is fanominal. The only downfall is its clock, make it a little more visable.

Great truck
By Cedric on 12/03/05 23:50 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Tacoma now for 3 and a half years and I couldn't be happier. It meets my everyday needs and is very reliable. I've towed several heaviy loads in excess of 4000 lds several hundred miles without any problems. Highway ride is comfortable and road noise is at a minimum. Off road I haven't gotten into anything that I couldn't drive myself out of with the rear locker the comes with TRD package. Wheel travel and groung clerance have never been an issue even with the factory suspension. The only downfall I can think of is the bed size, would like it to be bigger. With a standard size toolbox there is not much bed space left.

Cool Truck
By MikeyG on 11/16/04 22:31 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great looking truck inside and out. I like the ground clearance and have good visibility. I'm 6'3" and there is plenty of head room inside the cab. It's comfortable and has a good amount of storage inside. I haven't had any problems with my Tacoma. I've only had to do the regular scheduled maintence. I would highly recommend the Tacoma to anyone in the market for a quality pick-up. I also suggest that you go with the V6 over the 4-cylinder.

Buy Tacoma's
By JoeMavic on 04/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best investment that I have made in any vehicle. I have never had any trouble with my truck and I enjoy actaully getting into my truck to drive around town. You can not go wrong with buying a Toyota!

Love it, Love it!
By Dogfly001 on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a 98 Nissan Maxima SE and a 86 Toyota Land Cruiser, but I need to get rid one due to space; so i decided to get rid of both and settle on the Dble Cab. Best decision I have ever made. The only complaint, like everyone else, the clock position is useless! Smooth engine and excellent handling, compared to other trucks. TRD package is too harsh for some with weak bladders, but I love it.

Excellent Quality Pick-up Truck
By Sherry M. on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Tacoma Double Cab for two years and love it. It has been very reliable and have had no problems at all with it. The quality of the truck is excellent inside and out. I've been very impressed that the cost of maintenance is much less expensive than most others. I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a good looking, quality pick-up truck. The Tacoma Double Cab also has great leg room in the front as well as in the back.

An Excellent Choice
By Pequot on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It was a little pricey, but I have found it to live up to my expectations.

Love It
By BryanS on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

been wanting to get a truck for years and my new job allows me to get one. I drive quite a bit and I love this truck. I bought a custom truck with aftermarket rims, paintjob, grille guards wityh KS lites and custom leather. The only time I don't like the truck is when it rains and it gets dirty, I do everything I can to keep it clean and looking ood.