2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Blown Engine but still like it
By houstonwarren2 on 08/21/10 18:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this truck since it was new. 4 cylinder, full 4-door model. The fuel economy sits around 19mpg highway fairly consistently. For the first 53k miles I abused the heck out of this truck. It is a gutless 4banger so I would push it to just over 100mph by pushing the OD/off on the shifter to drop a gear in order to get over 100. This was nearly every day for my commute because I literally am always running late. The minimum was 90mph (toll road 17 miles to work). Under the powertrain warranty I carved out cylinders 1 and 3, so I was given a new short-block and new lease on life. Ever since, I don't even let this thing slip into overdrive and baby her. See (improvements)

Till the End
By Tawcoma26 on 01/09/09 01:06 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

No matter what I throw at this truck, it gets the job done. Fits 5 people nicely, and you can still throw stuff in the bed. Although more pwr from the 4cyl would be nice, it still gets the job done. Mud, snow, sand, dirt, nothing can stop this truck. For the price you pay, you get one hell of a truck that can conquer anything. Pull, push, haul, it does it with reliability. From its great design to the ease of use in the cabin, this trucks a winner and I don't see myself getting rid of it.

Great Quality
By rolltide on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

So far so good! The quality on the Toyota product is top notch! Haven;t had one problem except that the clock is positioned in the wrong place and hard to see. The interior has held up very well especially with kids, animals and the frequent trip to the beach.

Wasen't Looking
By Diana on 03/17/02 20:58 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I wasen't considering this truck until I drove it. I must confess my narrowness of mind while shopping and only looking at the full size trucks. I love this truck and I would purchase another one without hesitation. It also fits into my garage easier than the big trucks which was a safety/security concern for me.