Used 2002 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

2002 Toyota Tacoma

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

my truck
By victor benaqvidez

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

from the day i bought this vehicle i have had few if any problems. it performs like a dream and has never left me high and dry. i would recommend it to all my friends and relatives.

Favorite Features

takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

Suggested Improvements

expand the cab dimensions and give more standard options.

2002 Toyota Tacoma
By Jerry

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving this truck. I spent many miles a day driving between and onto jodsites. The extended cab allows room for books and plans but offers little for a passenger. I also use it to pull two ATV's on a trailer when we go riding. The 6 cyl. handles the load at 65 mph on the straight level road but a slight inclines cause it to drop down a gear. At 20,000 miles, trouble arose with front end feeling loose and vibrating. Neither Toyota nor tire dealer could target the cause. Recall work on problem ball joints just completed and all seems smooth again. The Pre-runner ride is good and stiff and it puts you up in the air a bit for additional clearance and a better feel when driving.

Favorite Features

The Pre-runner pkg. is a must! You need to get this truck off the ground for a good look.

Great Truck
By TitoTacoma

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I Have always wanted a tacoma since middle school, so i finally got one! And love it! Although, what is with the rattling passenger airbag...i've noticed alot of people have had this problem...and yes, I HAVE IT TOO!!! what I did though was just put a small thin cloth between the windshield and dash and hadn't heard it rattle since, but the cloth is VERY noticable. If you are thinking about getting one, it's a wise investment...but if you buy a 2WD it doesn't do so good off- road, i'd go with the 4WD...

Favorite Features

Body-Style, front-end styling

Suggested Improvements

interior could use a boost, and that darn rattling!!!

So much fun!
By Jynxie

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have wanted the Toyota Pickup for a long time, and finally I got one April of 2002. I called it "my Buff Little Truck" and it is! It has great pep in it and takes a bit of off road abuse. :)

Favorite Features

Just about everything!

Suggested Improvements

Needs STANDARD antilock brakes, move the clock, and need to fix the hesitation time when suddenly accelerating.

Getting 100% of what I paid for.
By bahr

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I balked at the cost at first, but put the extra dollars down to make sure I could get a decent vehicle. I scanned the lot until I found one that had the V6 and said "Parts: 100% Japan. Labor: 100% Japan. US/Canadian: 0%." That makes all the difference, really. This truck has performed above and beyond expectations since the day I drove it off the lot. The TCO is good, the financing is acceptable, and depreciation isn't too vicious. If you want a truck, you can hardly do better.

Favorite Features

Amazing acceleration. Smooth ride with good shock reaction and tight steering.

Suggested Improvements

I could have used a bit less on the price tag. Built-in bedliner would be good also.