2002 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
my truck
By victor benaqvidez on 05/19/06 17:34 PM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

from the day i bought this vehicle i have had few if any problems. it performs like a dream and has never left me high and dry. i would recommend it to all my friends and relatives.

2002 Toyota Tacoma
By Jerry on 03/14/06 20:46 PM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love driving this truck. I spent many miles a day driving between and onto jodsites. The extended cab allows room for books and plans but offers little for a passenger. I also use it to pull two ATV's on a trailer when we go riding. The 6 cyl. handles the load at 65 mph on the straight level road but a slight inclines cause it to drop down a gear. At 20,000 miles, trouble arose with front end feeling loose and vibrating. Neither Toyota nor tire dealer could target the cause. Recall work on problem ball joints just completed and all seems smooth again. The Pre-runner ride is good and stiff and it puts you up in the air a bit for additional clearance and a better feel when driving.

Great Truck
By TitoTacoma on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I Have always wanted a tacoma since middle school, so i finally got one! And love it! Although, what is with the rattling passenger airbag...i've noticed alot of people have had this problem...and yes, I HAVE IT TOO!!! what I did though was just put a small thin cloth between the windshield and dash and hadn't heard it rattle since, but the cloth is VERY noticable. If you are thinking about getting one, it's a wise investment...but if you buy a 2WD it doesn't do so good off- road, i'd go with the 4WD...

So much fun!
By Jynxie on 03/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have wanted the Toyota Pickup for a long time, and finally I got one April of 2002. I called it "my Buff Little Truck" and it is! It has great pep in it and takes a bit of off road abuse. :)

Getting 100% of what I paid for.
By bahr on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I balked at the cost at first, but put the extra dollars down to make sure I could get a decent vehicle. I scanned the lot until I found one that had the V6 and said "Parts: 100% Japan. Labor: 100% Japan. US/Canadian: 0%." That makes all the difference, really. This truck has performed above and beyond expectations since the day I drove it off the lot. The TCO is good, the financing is acceptable, and depreciation isn't too vicious. If you want a truck, you can hardly do better.

Tacoma 2002
By Khoi on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I've owned the inline 4 in the past and it was adequate for everyday use. But changing over to this 3.4 L V6 is great. This engine has so much pep in it. Althought I would love to see how it could really perform with the TRD supercharger.

Tough Tacoma
By cool on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the 2002 Pre-runner V6 ext.cab Tacoma version last week. I already have 500 Miles!!! I'm very pleased. What a fun car. The Pre-Runner trim and TRD Off-Road package makes the truck sit up a lot higher than most other trucks. The V6 has a nice punch. And you can't argue about how beautiful yet rugged the Tacoma looks. I'm looking forward to putting many miles on this truck.

You have to love this truck
By Bert1124 on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great truck!! A bit weak in quick excellerations. In that event it is better to switch off the over drive button. Overall: Fun, looks good, and is comfortable on long drives.

buy a toyota, or get beat by a toyota
By kgrgunman on 03/01/02 02:05 AM (PST)

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD off-road, TRD Supercharger, TRD air and oil filters Fast as hell...nice all around truck, and cheap, for what you get