Wife took over my truck!
By Rod on
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)
In my previous review, I mentioned longer life for brake rotors, come to find out the front brakes were under excessive load and not balanced with the back brakes. Problem has been fixed and I am proud to report smooth stops! The truck is great and I plan on keeping it until it drops dead around 500,000 miles. Truck has plenty of room for your "stuff", SUV owners should consider this truck as an alternative with more room in the back (-w-camper shell). It is easier to park in the smaller spaces at the shopping center, I traded a size pickup for this reason got tired of backing up and trying again to get into a spot.
Favorite Features
Locking differential, cupholders 6, gas mileage (20), fits in the garage, towing capacity 5000 lbs., room for 5 and still go to the home improvement store for lumber.
Suggested Improvements
I considered buying the new 2005 Tacoma Double Cab for my wife but it won't fit in my garage, so we will just have to share the 2001 Double Cab and who gets to it first in the morning to go to work. I guess I get to drive her car again...