2001 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Perfect (for me)

2001 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

Base Xtracab (2.7L 4-cyl. 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.2 ft. Bed)

Perfect (for me)
By Hemonie on

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

Only truck I've ever had that did EVERYTHING I asked of it. I bought it w/69,000 miles & after 5 yrs have just over 140,000. Replaced O2 sensors & cat converter outside of regular preventive maintenance. I routinely travel min maint & backroads, 50 miles of hwy/day of work, haul equipment/firewood, utilize 4WD, etc. Handles extremely well regardless of conditions. Fuel mileage is higher than acceptable given the demands I place on this truck. Tight cab even @ 9-10 yrs old, no rust. Outstanding truck! I don't have a family, but my dogs & I fit perfectly (not small dogs). Given the miles I drive for work & school, the weekend projects & dependability during inclement weather. I just love it!

4WD, Standard Transmission, High Clearance, V6, Hauling Capacity, Suspension, Inclement Weather Handling & Reliability

Clock is in a horrible place. Wish it had at least one back door. Quality of the interior could be a little better.