Toyota has a new permanent customer
By wutroad on
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
Love this truck, bought new. It was totalled in 9/2005 with 148129 miles on it. I was towing a car with a dolly, a tire blew, i fishtailed, and rolled twice at 65 mph and walked away with a seat-belt bruise. The officers on scene almost didn't believe that i was even in the vehicle, as i was not injured. During the 4 years I had it, I traveled extensively throughout the US (42 States), Canada and Mexico-- all weather and terrain. I never once felt that my Tacoma was going to fail me. I changed the oil and did other maintenance religiously. I do not recommend the do-it-yourselfer attempt to replace the timing belt without any prior experience. Replaced with 2003 AccessCab 4x4, equally happy.
Favorite Features
The versatility of having a truck, but have passengers comfortably. The towing power for such a small truck. Towed car loaded with possessions to NYC, another truck to Washington State, and moved someone to Seattle. Never had a problem, even loaded I could count on acceleration and handling.
Suggested Improvements
Like others have said, move the clock. Upgrade map light/mirror mount combination that has been in use since at least 1992. I pulled the one from my wrecked Tacoma and put it in my brothers 92 4-Runner. Color doesn't match, but it works and fits perfectly.