Tough Tacoma
By Sticks on
2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)
Where I'm from, most everybody drives big Detroit Irons. Where the big boys rule and the Domestics are the tool, my Tacoma may be just beginning to fancy the imaginations of the the local old guard. Not only Do I often turn heads with the stylings of my shiny black workhorse, but I recieve reluctant, sometimes mumbled or tongue and cheek, compliments and eagerly anticipated questions regarding her performance. Proving Grounds- Botswana River in Canada! 20 plus miles of all-terrain madness (Rocks,mud,sand,water,climbs,etc) Result? Speechless!...and it wasn't just me!
Favorite Features
I appreciate the rear differential slip but love the gitty up from the one touch Tranny adjuster. The ride is solid, and quiet for an off-roader (SR- 5 package)and much quieter in the cab when you step on it, which its competition can't boast.
Suggested Improvements
Increased width in the interior design and depth to the box. I would much prefer a crew cab with the regular box! I'm not sure if it will be available any time soon. If anyone knows, please let me know.