2001 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: Still solid as the day I bough

2001 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

V6 Double Cab (3.4L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 5.1 ft. Bed)

Still solid as the day I bought it
By MCJ on

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first pickup and I was drawn to it by the practical mix of "clean" and "dirty" space. It's big enough for most tasks, but still easy (and extremely fun!) to drive. Even though it has over 100K miles, it still feels as solid as the day I bought it (used with 15K). I'm still amazed at how well it has held its value. When I got it, I found I had a lot of new friends which proves the saying: "The only thing better than having a truck is having a friend with a truck."

Versatility and solid feel when driving. Great in the snow, but would be better with ABS option that I did not get. Looks great clean or dirty. Good power for hauling whatever. Previous owner had installed rubberized bed liner. Dependability has been second to none.

Bed is a bit short and gas mileage isn't stellar. Stereo isn't great, even after upgrading speakers and head unit. There isn't a lot of storage space in the cab.