2001 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: My first truck

2001 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Review

My first truck
By Mark McKee on

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2001 2.4L Automatic Tacoma has been a blast to own and drive. While it's not the tire- burning monster of a musclecar, it gets me to where I want to go in comfort. On 9+hr trips my back doesn't hurt and that's a good sign. Mechanically this thing is great. I expect many many years and 200,000+ miles of trouble-free service out of this vehicle. This was my first NEW vehicle purchase and the whole experience with Toyota and my Toyota dealer has been positive. I would purchase it again, and recommend this truck to anyone who's wanting to get an inexpensive (but nice) truck.

Kickin' exterior design, good handling performance (for a truck), good seats and interior ergonomics. I still love it after owning it 3 years!

2.4L + Automatic isn't the fastest thing in town. Interval wipers would have been nice. I think I should have gotten a double cab... I'm 6'2" and seats just don't really go back far enough for me.