2001 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Review: I Like it overall

2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Review

I Like it overall
By PJED on

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have had problems with the rubber between the plastic fenders and the body coming off. The dealer has fixed this twice, now with some new kind of glue.Other problems are, a rattle somewhere around the back seats?, the clock needs to be moved, the engine seems to cranks longer than it should after sitting for a while. Now for the biggie. The 4x4 shift lever is positioned so that my right knee is constantly resting on it. This is extremely annoying because of the vibration coming through it. This alone makes me want to get rid of the truck but I cannot find anything that I can trust for dependability but a Toyota.

The 4x4 features are fantastic (except for the position of the shifter). It handles great for a truck. It is the perfect size for my needs and you can't beat Toyotas reliability.

Move the clock to a more user friendly place and move, shorten, do anything with the 4x4 shifter so it is not in the way.