2001 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
glt
By chucknbarb on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

the toyota tacoma double cab is all you expect and more.more interior room than the similiar dodge dakota,more pickup than the nissan and ford and chevy are so far behind the curve-oh well.the truck interior wears well with the driver and passengers as it rides like a car with all the comfort and more room of most cars its size.you could go on and on about this vehicle but i believe a movie statement from MIB says it all--the best of the best of the best,sir.....

Jump Jump Around
By Seahawk Blitz it on 06/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is by far the best truck out there.I only have 31000 miles on my 2001and it looks and runs like the day I bought it.Wish the interior was a nicer design,but all in all this is the truck to jump towards.

2001 Tacoma Long-term review
By OKHunter on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the truck new in '01, at a price well below sticker. Added a bed cover, nerf bars, Flowmaster muffler, and most important, a K&N Cold Air Induction kit. The FM and K&N gave it a measurable performance boost. This is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. Has been to the shop once for replacement of fender flares, covered under warranty. Spend a considerable amount of time off-road, truck does everything asked of it, which is a lot. Towed a buddy's 24' Crowne ski rig 200 miles when his BMW SUV crapped out, and it pulled like a dream. I'll likely never own another truck, 'cause this one will probably outlast me.

Best of 13 Vehicles I've Owned.
By flyfishing on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

for 85,000 miles in less than 3 years, I have put about 8,000 true off-road miles on it and can say it is the best built vehicle I've owned. I'm looking at another one, but feel comfortable putting 3-400,000 on it. Get one!

Great Truck
By sockman on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love the Tacoma Crew Cab! It is a great truck and is the best looking small truck out there. Looks great, however it doesn't ride quite like its big brother the Tundra. I do highly recommend this truck over the other small trucks.

Solid Pickup
By trd182 on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

My 01 tacoma has 70,000 miles on it and i haven't had a single problem with it. It goes everywhere off road and rides nice on the pavement. Its a solid truck.

I LOVE WHAT YOU FOR ME.... TOYOTA
By KuTeAzn1 on 02/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I use this truck for everything... Daily driving... work and fun... I am a big time outdoors person... So I decided to lift the truck and change the suspension... because it came stock with the Tokiko shocks... Put Sway-A-Ways in the front and Blistens 5100 in the back and this thing is great off road... never had problems with it at all... Also upgraded the stock radio and cd to a 7" DVD/CD Player and it is great on long trips...

Evaluation
By J. Bell on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The truck rides like as SUV - very smooth. I have done no repair on it yet - there has been no need. This is a great highway and offroad truck.

True Truck
By Black T on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted to trade my 2000 4 door VW Golf for something tougher. I got the same interior room plus rugged non-unibody construction, 4WD, awesome ground clearance, a huge "trunk", and much improved reliability. I lost the car's smooth ride, handling and on road performance, but I think this is a truck that I will have for a long time, hopefully forever.

I am proud to own this one.
By bigney on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

I work with guys that have driven a gazillion miles in their tacomas with little or no problems which is why I bought this one. I've only ridden 15000 miles in it yet but they've all been enjoyable. Had so fun on the beach watching others get stuck. It feels tight and rugged. I would've gotten the V6 if I could've sprung the cash at the time.