2001 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Totally Awesome!
By Rod on 04/14/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 pre-runner is nothing more than amazing. I have over 70,000 miles with no mechanical problems at all. I guess this is why you never see the '01 to '04 on a used car lot. Nobody sells them once they have one!

The best small truck
By jm on 04/09/05 00:37 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Its not a big truck, but its good for hauling furniture, lumber, mulch, and still have some comfort inside. So far, nothing other than regular service has been needed, other than tires. There's room behind the seat for a fair bit of stuff, too. There's even a locking ring for a car seat in the Xtra cab, but I don't know - it looks like that might be a tight fit.

01 Toyota Tacoma
By Chad Simmons on 03/09/05 14:16 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have thoroughly enjoyed owning and driving this vehicle. The appearance alone is worth the price; however, the reliability and power greatly increase the satisfaction. I would recommend this vehicle to all midsize truck owners.

Toyota for Life
By Jason Wheat on 01/03/05 18:30 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third toyota truck I have owned. Had my needs for room and transmission types not have changed I would still have the first one. I have been extremely pleased with every one. Not once have I had to put it in the shop. Tacomas have excellent street reputations among sensible drivers looking for quality trucks.

Great Truck for the Long Haul!
By Leon on 12/04/04 11:07 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Toyota makes a great truck with an actual 4 door area for seating or carrying itmes. The mechanical durability is great, not one problem in over 105,000 miles! Inside seats could use a little more cushioning, but the power, gas mileage and reliability make this truck a winner. I will keep mine until it reaches 750,000 miles in ten years.

Little Truck
By Crazymagman on 11/25/04 10:27 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little truck. The steering feel is better than my Maxima, and the truck is very responsive to quick steering actions. There isn't a ton of power from the 2.4L automatic, but I bought it for a daily driver and to haul things for the house, so it's just what I need. The stepside bed really sets off the styling of the truck, and I've only seen one other stepside Tacoma with the same wheels that mine came with.

Mike review
By resq17312 on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Outstanding quality and reliablity.....never had a problem yet

V6 Prerunner
By Doug Mummertz on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The V6 engine in the Tacoma Prerunner makes this a spunky vehicle to drive. V6 is a smooth running engine with the torque necessary to carry or pull those weekend loads. Extra cab model gives the owner that additional storage space behind the seats which is definitely a convenience worth getting. Interior design is good except for the clock location. Toyota has met it's usual standards in quality and reliability. Optional TRD package allows the driver to select differential lock at slow speeds which is definitely helpful in slippery driving. Tacoma is an all around well built truck.

It could of been better
By keywest305 on 07/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was very pleased the first 45000 miles .Now im getting a rattle in the dash and some squeaks in the seats and interior noise.This truck was a very tight truck when taking bumps and a pleasure to drive.Now the interior noise and rattle drives me crazy.Also this truck has never been off road wich makes me think what would it have been like if it did.This is a off road pkg.My wifes car has 205,000 on it and doesnt rattle and feels tighter.Not to mention it is a Volvo.

Recommend to Anyone
By kinnywayne on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

Very happy with my purchase. Bought it used. Took it to the Outer Banks, NC and rolled all over the beach. 4WD and power through the sand very surprising, considering I bought the 4 cyl. Good size and easy to park unlike some of the other trucks in its class (not real bulky but still rugged looking.) Would definitley recommend this vehicle to everyone.