Used 2001 Toyota Tacoma Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Great truck
By pam

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

I use this truck for my gardening business and it has never failed.

Everybody who sees it says "nice truck." You can turn off the airbag so children can sit in the front.

More comfortable back seats

She's my baby!
By Carl B

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Toyota pick up; I've owned 1 1986 1/2 ton and now 2 Tacomas. My 2001 Tacoma Pre-runner Doublecab is still as exciting to drive as the day I drove it off the lot. Fuel economy with the 2.7L 4 cylinder (which isn't offered in the new Tacoma Pre-Runner Doublecabs by the way) is absolutely outstanding (around 25 to 28 hwy and 20 to 22 city) if I don't drive like a maniac. I'll neve give up this truck; it's the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Looks (She still looks great after 7 years and 98000 miles), fuel economy and overall comfort.

None.

Love it
By Gregg

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it used but with transferable warranty, great right? Never had to use the warranty. Bought a fully loaded Tacoma, off road package, tow package. I put duel exhaust on, cold air intake, throttle body spacer. This truck has more power and better fuel mileage now. Don't do much off roading but the times I have I was very impressed. One time I was looking at a piece of remote property in the winter on a small single car dirt road with nowhere to turn around, I literlly slid down a hill hoping there was another way out, nope. The 4x4 shot me back up the hill with ease. I really love this truck. I have never had a single problem with it in 5 years.

The 4x4 ability, this truck is awesome off road. Lots of power, great with towing things. Bullet proof engine. Would buy another in a heart beat.

Clock in bad position, that's it.

The Best
By adammc

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

This truck was a graduation gift from my parents and they couldn't have made a better choice. I have owned a 91 and 93 toyota tacoma, both 4x4, and they have become my favorite trucks. I drive my truck hard, using the 4X4 on a regular basis and I have yet to have a problem. The off-road capability is unmatched by anything I have come across yet. It is a simple truck that can't be beat!

Off-road capability, ruggedness, reliability

Better fuel economy, more space behind bench seat

Best truck money can buy
By Best truck out there

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have drove tacomas all my life and this is the best to date. I do a lot of 4 wheelin and this truck will beat any jeep. I never have to worry about anything mechanical, ever. This truck is solid. I have big tires and a lift and it still runs strong at 103,000 miles on the clock. I had a chevy truck that was a pile of junk at 100,000. You cant even compare the two. Toyota is in a league of its own. I plan on driving this truck for decades to come. Great truck.

keeps on going, never dies. Looks awesome.

None