2001 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Tough Tacoma
By Sticks on 07/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Where I'm from, most everybody drives big Detroit Irons. Where the big boys rule and the Domestics are the tool, my Tacoma may be just beginning to fancy the imaginations of the the local old guard. Not only Do I often turn heads with the stylings of my shiny black workhorse, but I recieve reluctant, sometimes mumbled or tongue and cheek, compliments and eagerly anticipated questions regarding her performance. Proving Grounds- Botswana River in Canada! 20 plus miles of all-terrain madness (Rocks,mud,sand,water,climbs,etc) Result? Speechless!...and it wasn't just me!

Great Truck
By rwarner399 on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab PreRunner 2WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 4A)

It is a fun truck to drive.

Toyotas Fly
By heavy weight on 03/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

This was actually my dads truck. He was in a serious accident, he flew about 100 yards off a canyon.He cleared oak trees. (to tell how high in the air he was) The truck was totalled beyond repair but the inside of the cab was undamaged. If he had been in any other kind of truck he would be dead!

Great compact crew cab
By cwochs on 03/12/02 18:43 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love my truck. Only way to go is get the V6 otherwise you are getting an underpowered vehicle (If you like it underpowered get the nissan frontier) Only complaint is lack of availability of ABS on a base V6. The dealership (as with most Toyota dealerships) was mediocre. Too bad the dealerships are not as dependable as the vehicle. One year old and not a single problem.

Tacoma Rules the Road, and Off Road too!
By gunslinger357 on 03/09/02 16:06 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Doublecab 3.4L V-6 TRD RULES the Road! It Kicks BUTT in every way. It is Ultra Reliable, Toyota-Tough, and I can ALWAYS depend on it. On the weekends, my Tacoma can Tear it UP with the best of them Off Road. In fact it IS the best, because every week I pass by all the broken down Fords, Chevys, and Dodges with engine/transmission problems and I laugh. My Tacoma rocks them ALL! I've tried the Rest, now I Own the BEST!

Just Ain't Got It!!
By old_jr on 03/08/02 17:03 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab V6 4WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Very disappointing truck. V6 has no power. Engine is noisy; cold idle at 2000 rpm sounds like engine is preparing for takeoff. Shifting from 1st to 2nd provides a nice "clunk"; otherwise it just "whines". Feels like universal joint is shot when lifting foot from accelerator - very jerky!

flip7016
By R Brant on 02/28/02 14:12 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Xtracab 4WD SB (2.7L 4cyl 5M)

extremely happy with overall operations of the vehicle well built would definitely recommend this vehicle