2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Super Truck
By Racin Rus on 11/15/05 08:19 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab S-Runner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have own this truck for 4 years now and still love it. The sporty lines are awesome and the drivability is great and has plenty of ponies to get around people when I need to go. Handling is the best feature on this truck. I would reccommend this truck to anyone looking for a fun to drive small truck. Only draw-back is I am 6'4" and could use more headroom, but tilt the seat back a little and I make it work.

S-runner 2001
By Switchblade Sue on 07/30/05 14:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab S-Runner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this truck only a week. I LOVE it! Great power even without the supercharger and i have gotten many compliments on it already. I find the hand brake to be very dated and the interior design to be very basic but even with these downfalls, i find it to be a great truck!

Almost Like my Last One
By S-Runnin'_SoCal on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtracab 2dr Xtracab S-Runner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Replaced my 1990 SR5 V6-XtraCab 5-Sp 4X2 w/150,000 miles with a new one, but the closest thing to it Toyota makes to replace it is the S-Runner. The interior on the old one used higher quality materials. The 2001 has thin cheap plastic all through the interior. The '90 had all analog gauges. The new model goes with more idiot lights. No rattles on the '90 even after 150,000 logged on the clock. My 2001 S-Runner rattles like crazy right out of the box. The gearing on the S-Runner is too tall, requiring a lot of clutch slipping to get rolling. I like the new engine on the S-Runner, but I wish I had my old SR5- V6 back.