2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
230,000 mile report
By Dan sanchez on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this truck for 6 years. it has 230,000 miles and it still runs great. no big problems just had to change the cat converters. and the struts and rear shocks. kind of a stiff ride but it's a truck. mileage is ok. could be better. i love this truck and would recommend it to anyone.

Toyota man for life
By mike on 08/28/10 19:52 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in 2001 and wanted the double cab for the room. The interior could use a little more comfort but it has held up. This truck now has 135,000 on it and it has been the most reliable truck that I have ever owned. Just do the normal preventative maintenance and I think this truck will last forever. I have had to replace the front headlights and signal lights because they became fogged out. This truck has the TRD package on it and people think it is a 4WD. Take care of this truck and it will take care of you.

Great Truck
By Mike on 01/12/10 14:41 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Awesome truck, no problems at all. Bought it with 130,000 miles on it and it runs like new. Has the rear locking differential which makes a huge difference on snow and ice (not a substitute for 4x4 though). Have around 300 pounds in the bed - haven't had to worry about getting stuck in the snow yet. It's a handsome looking truck. Well designed on the exterior. The interior has a few problems, most notably being the location of the clock. The seat belts don't always retract, but that's not a big deal. Gas mileage is about 17 mpg, maybe a little more. Great truck though. It is 2wd but is still a very capable truck.

Great buy
By Chris on 01/03/07 13:37 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Almost 100,000 miles with no problems other than a new battery and new tires. I love my Toyota. Great buy and I plan to hold on to my truck for a long time.

4 Door Taco Driven Hard
By Kris on 10/23/06 05:37 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Most versatile vehicle I've ever owned!! Huge back seat for a mid-size truck. I'm 6' tall and I fit back there. Very, very reliable!!! I abuse this truck and it takes every bit of it. 118,000 miles only work done is new brake pads, tires, and o2 sensors. Very usable truck. I drive it on the highway every day, go off-road on weekends, and tow my boat regularly. Great truck period.

Totally Awesome!
By Rod on 04/14/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My 2001 pre-runner is nothing more than amazing. I have over 70,000 miles with no mechanical problems at all. I guess this is why you never see the '01 to '04 on a used car lot. Nobody sells them once they have one!

Toyota for Life
By Jason Wheat on 01/03/05 18:30 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third toyota truck I have owned. Had my needs for room and transmission types not have changed I would still have the first one. I have been extremely pleased with every one. Not once have I had to put it in the shop. Tacomas have excellent street reputations among sensible drivers looking for quality trucks.

Great Truck for the Long Haul!
By Leon on 12/04/04 11:07 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Toyota makes a great truck with an actual 4 door area for seating or carrying itmes. The mechanical durability is great, not one problem in over 105,000 miles! Inside seats could use a little more cushioning, but the power, gas mileage and reliability make this truck a winner. I will keep mine until it reaches 750,000 miles in ten years.

glt
By chucknbarb on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

the toyota tacoma double cab is all you expect and more.more interior room than the similiar dodge dakota,more pickup than the nissan and ford and chevy are so far behind the curve-oh well.the truck interior wears well with the driver and passengers as it rides like a car with all the comfort and more room of most cars its size.you could go on and on about this vehicle but i believe a movie statement from MIB says it all--the best of the best of the best,sir.....

Great Truck
By sockman on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4dr Double Cab PreRunner V6 2WD SB (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Love the Tacoma Crew Cab! It is a great truck and is the best looking small truck out there. Looks great, however it doesn't ride quite like its big brother the Tundra. I do highly recommend this truck over the other small trucks.