2001 Toyota Tacoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:
Little Truck
By Crazymagman on 11/25/04 10:27 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great little truck. The steering feel is better than my Maxima, and the truck is very responsive to quick steering actions. There isn't a ton of power from the 2.4L automatic, but I bought it for a daily driver and to haul things for the house, so it's just what I need. The stepside bed really sets off the styling of the truck, and I've only seen one other stepside Tacoma with the same wheels that mine came with.

My first truck
By Mark McKee on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My 2001 2.4L Automatic Tacoma has been a blast to own and drive. While it's not the tire- burning monster of a musclecar, it gets me to where I want to go in comfort. On 9+hr trips my back doesn't hurt and that's a good sign. Mechanically this thing is great. I expect many many years and 200,000+ miles of trouble-free service out of this vehicle. This was my first NEW vehicle purchase and the whole experience with Toyota and my Toyota dealer has been positive. I would purchase it again, and recommend this truck to anyone who's wanting to get an inexpensive (but nice) truck.

2001 tacoma
By usaf on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Dash rattles BAD,paint peeled on front bumper,poor OEM tires. Now the good-----too many things to list great reliability, handles well , air work great

As Advertised
By bearcrkrd on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought new, Thanksgiving weekend 2000. The reviews at that time of CR and Edmunds, especially Edmunds, were very accurate for the base model, 5spd, regular cab. I had a cold start problem about a month after purchase. Had it happen again about a year later. Learned to hold gas pedal down all the way while turning engine over. It starts about 10+ seconds later, sputters and smells for maybe 20 seconds, with small amount of light colored smoke just after starting. Then runs like nothing happened. These two incidents are it. The vehicle is mechanically new, with very little cosmetic damage.

GREAT TRUCK!
By jacki on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota Tacoma 2dr Regular Cab 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm the new owner of a 2001 Tacoma with less than 13000 miles. It's my second Toyota truck and I am very pleased!!Automatic , "4 banger", real clean and with a new car warranty - WOW!! Just what I wanted!! JACK